Review of Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kimjoy22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimjoy22.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Review of Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth

Post by Kimjoy22 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth" by Antoine Bonner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

RISE OF THE SAVIOUR: ACOLYTE OF TRUTH by Antoine Bonner is an epic book that I really enjoyed. Antoine has written on a world beyond the normal human realm. He has expounded on a world that goes against all the laws of science yet still exists in this world, among human beings. The novel revolves around a girl, Amanda who is done with high school but has no desire to further her studies. Her younger sister, Siera has been talking about deities that the family cannot see. Following a tragic car accident in the middle of a heavy downpour, she meets her diety, something which changes her life forever.

The themes of religion, forgiveness, power, leadership, sacrifice, and second chances have been wonderfully interlinked. Life revolves among them, whether supernatural or the life we see as normal. They are the choices we make and the decisions we live with.

There is a constant battle between good and bad. From different perspectives, every deed can be justifiable. When it comes to our loved ones we try to do everything possible to keep them safe. Antoine clearly shows that although everything is possible, not everything possible is right. The human free will to choose between good and bad nags behind everyone's mind yet the final decision is influenced by emotions and circumstances.

Antoine has brought out in his book that every human being has inner power awaiting to be unlocked. The key is usually a yes or no answer and we more often than not choose no. he calls the bright side yang and the dark side yin. Humanity and our limits are determined by what and how we think. Fear is an emotion that is easily capitalized upon; either to incapacitate or influence our decisions.

No man is an island. The acolyte of truth, a mere human given supernatural powers to save the earth from destruction still relies upon the knowledge, experience, and analytical skills of others to succeed. Young or old, inspiration comes from the least expected places. Everyone in the circle of life plays a critical role.

I loved how Antoine writes from a human perspective taking into account the weaknesses of men and capitalizing on their strengths. In his novel, he speaks to the majority that were not born leaders but situations that made them leaders.

The book was exceptionally edited and I found no errors. I would recommend this book to ages thirteen and above and to all who love the supernatural world. I would like to rate the book at 4 out of 4 stars.

Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”