Review of Belas Rift

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anshya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anshya.html
Latest Review: Bedu: Bedouin Boy, Poet King by David W. Sutherland and Paul McKellips

Review of Belas Rift

Post by Anshya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Belas Rift" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I enjoyed reading this power-packed package of fantasy, adventure, and mystery to the fullest. It was my first time reading out of 'The Hidden City of Chelldrah–ham' series, but 'Belas Rift' is impressive as a standalone part as well. It can be enjoyed by all age groups equally and, for that, credit goes to the author with his creative imagination and the fact that the book is well edited.
It was a bit difficult to comprehend at the starting chapters. But after that, the adorable protagonists, Meg and Stig, pull you into the story. These two youngsters from another world analyze the earth from childlike minds. Their description of everything around them and naming them in their way is cute. They cause nuisances while keeping a 'low profile' that is funny and interesting and keeps you involved. Stig's continuous ideas to plan something are in such great detail that is impressive. These incidents slowly take you towards the end which the mystery slowly unfolds. Here, the mixture of fantasy, time, space, and mystery is well knitted, making it the most critical part of the book. I loved the history part of the Belas Rift and its origins and would love to read more of it : ). The whole time and universe concept draw you in that are fantastic.
Apart from the protagonists, other recurring characters were also well written, such as Nobby and Tony (though I miss him as he didn't appear again at the end).
The most important thing was that this book makes one think of ill practices humans have, such as greed and cruelness, and how they are a part of our lives.
So from my side, it is a 4/4 and is a must-read for any age group, and if you are ready to think into some other dimension.

Belas Rift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”