Review of Void

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Void

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Void" by Tiffany A. Joissin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sanaa is the tragic heroine in Void by Tiffany A. Joissin. Sanaa is seen fighting in and out in a society of winged beings, demons, dragons, etc. Her mother causes the first terrible experience she has. She has just been rescued from the petrification inflicted on her by her mother. But, that is not all. Sanaa fights a herald of deadly Husks at Asren, where Greta, her niece, sends her. The four cardinal points rage in wars in this text. The only mortals among these creatures are the Husks. Instead of being the weak ones, they begin to emerge in power. So, the empress is troubled. Even the demon is confused. Now, the battle line is drawn; let's find out who the winner will be.

Honestly, I almost gave up on this novel when I read Sanaa's petrification and rescue details. But I was mistaken. The use of intrigues and twists of events in this text is quite thrilling. Tiffany uses round characters technically to create imprecision and anticipation in Void.

The characters are round and can change at any time. Such is seen in Taira and Helia. That is an excellent craft in literature; I laud Tiffany for that. One thing that such an effect creates is a sense of anxiety in the reader. Of course, I never felt like taking a break until I had read the whole book. It is an interesting one.

Unlike the straightforward plots we have in so many novels today, Void has a complex one. When I think that the battle between Sanaa's group and the Nova is over, the struggle takes another dimension. I love this twist.

But the round characters and complex plot don't dispute that Tiffany did not pay much attention to grammatical errors in this novel. Mistakes have a way of altering swiftness in reading; hence, they should be well crossed out. I expect another round of editing to be in the coffer.

Again, the presentation of Sanaa's mother here is way too odd. In as much as Tiffany tries to create a peculiarity in Sanaa's mother's character, a sense of relationship should still exist. Mother-child relationships do not get too detached, no matter what. In order words, Sanaa should have some kind gestures towards the memory of her mother and not see her as only a savage monster (no spoilers intended).

Considering every point I've made, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. If you enjoy complex plots with thought-shattering twists, then this book is for you. There's enough tension to keep the reader going. However, due to the sexual descriptions, I only recommend the book to a mature reading audience.

Void
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Good review, but I don’t think so. Too far out there for me.
Ipshita P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ipshita-p.html
Latest Review: President's Day by Stephen A. Werbel, Ph.D.

Post by Ipshita P »

Sounds like quite an interesting book to me. I love fantasies with a complex plot and lots of plot twists. I'll make sure to give it a read in near future.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging novel full of twists that can keep the readers' attention until the end, so I hope the author does another round of proofreading. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

It seems like adventures book with lots of actions scenes in it. The twists and turns will engage readers to complete this novel. I like strong female characters and this novel is giving me that. I'm excited to know about Sanaa's mother. Thank you for the amazing review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Not too sure I want to experience any extra anxiety, but the family dynamics and plot sound great Thank you for the review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”