Review of Agatha the Beloved Queen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Agatha the Beloved Queen

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Agatha the Beloved Queen" by Fred Pilcher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the land of Xana, there's an age-long bridge between the aristocrats and the commoners. While the aristocrats get more wealthy, the commoners become poorer. Young Agatha notices this and seeks to change it, but she might be outnumbered by those who benefit significantly from this injustice.

Blessed with the gifts of wisdom, compassion, and perception of character, Agatha might just be the needed force to restructure the kingdom of Xana. Her desire to bring a positive change to Xana isn't without challenges. Follow Agatha as she wades through difficult situations to save her beloved kingdom from those who seek to benefit from its decadence.

Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher was a fantastic book. It had a great storyline. If I didn't already know that it was fictional, I would have thought it was non-fictional. The book had a realistic plot, and every activity was similar to the medieval way of life, which was the setting of the story. From the descriptions given of trade agreements, council meetings, and sources of livelihood, I was taken back in time to the days of horses and carts.

I was intrigued by the author's writing style. I was drawn to the book from its introduction. The author introduced the story as one he had picked up while on a journey, which pricked my curiosity. I instantly wanted to know what it was about the story that warranted that kind of introduction. I wasn't disappointed, as it was a great read, and I found the book as one I couldn't drop once I started reading.

I found the author's commentaries helpful. They helped me understand the story holistically and gave me an in-depth insight into the culture of the Xana people. Take, for instance, their views on nudity. From the commentaries, I understood that the people of Xana weren't opposed to showing off their bodies. This helped me make sense of some of the sexually provoking aspects of the book.

From Agatha's story, I gained some life lessons. I was reminded that everyone in life was important, irrespective of their social status. I also gained leadership skills from the story. A leader should be both compassionate and firm. Take, for instance, Agatha's handling of Howell. Even though her action towards Howell was not typical, she had to do it for the greater good.

Agatha the Beloved Queen was a story I thoroughly enjoyed. I had no issues with it, as it was excellently written and exceptionally well edited. Therefore, I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend Agatha the Beloved Queen to lovers of fantasy books. Also, lovers of medieval stories would have a swell time reading the book. This book should strictly be read by adults, as it contained some sexual scenes.

Agatha the Beloved Queen
View: on Bookshelves
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

I'd like to see how Agatha restores justice and peace in her kingdom and abolishes disparity. Sounds worth reading. Thank you for such a well written review! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Qer
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by Qer »

Any book with a strong female lead almost always makes for a great read. I look forward to reading the story of Agatha and how she liberates her kingdom from the great disparity it suffers. Great review
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Other than the listing of the genre, how does one know that this is sci-fi/fantasy? It seems to me that this could just be regular fiction. I, too, enjoy a good female lead. This really sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks!
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

This book has addressed a very common problem in society which is equality between poor and rich. A strong female lead is always appreciated. great review
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

"While the aristocrats get more wealthy, the commoners become poorer" - Isn't this the case in the world with the rich and poor?

The cover page on its own tells a lovely tale. The book sounds interesting and right up my alley. Awesome review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

The reviewer's description of Agatha as a reformist who seeks to end the era of inequality in the society makes the book sound very appealing and interesting to me. I can't wait to finish up the book am currently reading so that I pick up this book. A nice review I must commend.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel contains some interesting elements with problems mirroring the ones on Earth that offer some food for thought. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

The use of a female character to cause change is intriguing. I love your flow of words in the review.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

This sounds like an interesting book, but I also cannot figure out from the review how this particular book falls into the genre it is listed under, instead of general fiction. Thanks for the great review.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

Agatha able to break the bridge between aristocrats and commoners, which has been going for ages?? I would sincerely love to find out how.
Meanwhile, excellent review
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

Agatha seems to be just the sort of character I would love. I'm also really interested to know how she changed her people's way of thinking.
Thanks for a great review.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

This is a book that demonstrates the fact that leadership qualities can be seen in a female character too. Nice review.
Uzzy_Reviews
Latifah Quinn
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-latifah-quinn.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Latifah Quinn »

The review has got my attention, I would really like to see how a woman in the medieval times would help change the inequality in her society. Thanks for the review.
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

I love Agatha already, she is a woman of the people and wants to help. Her views differing from those of other nobles could make for some interesting tension. Thank you for the insightful review. Have a lovely day.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”