Review of The Stolen Heir

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of The Stolen Heir

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Stolen Heir" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Stolen Heir: Descent into Darkness by Tayma Tameen follows the story of an heir who
was stolen. The perpetrators wanted the heir to be an outsider of the royal blood — unpoisoned by the riches and luxuries of life in a palace.

The two major kingdoms of Krasoria (Thumeria and Paleria) were at war for almost two decades after the heir to the throne went missing. The Thumerian Army was headed by Auralia, the heir's mother, while Jumen, the heir's father, led the Palerian Army. Though running opposite warring factions, they were still married to each other. As a result, the two kingdoms were accusing each other of being responsible for the missing baby.

Will the mystery of the stolen heir ever be resolved? Find out in the second installment of this awe-inspiring series, The Stolen Heir.

This book is a perfect description of how power corrupts people. Due to Caligon's insatiable quest for power, he was ready to kill anyone, including his brother, to achieve his aim. He had gone to Emya, to meet the spirit of the dead (Moranos) to grant him power in exchange for his soul. Caligon wanted the four kingdoms in Krasoria under his control. Even after Caligon had Thumeria and Paleria under his control, he still wanted Jeofrn, the mage, and Erik, the heir, dead. He was constantly pursuing them using his dark agents.

Though with its many twist and turns, I love how the author ties up all the different subplots in the book, relating them to the book's central theme. No subplot is left unattended.

The book is filled with suspense. Even with it being clear that Erik was no ordinary person and had unparalleled supernatural powers, some of the challenges he faced made me scared for him, and I wanted to know if he would succeed at last.

The author's speed of story development is to be commended. The story picked up pace from the beginning and didn't slow down till the very end. The book's pace is excellent. With an intriguing storyline, the rocky road to the end of the book is enchanting. There is plenty of drama to hold the readers. The book is perfectly engaging.

On the flip side, I am not happy with the way the book ended. With all its suspense, I feel a little confused that I don't know what happened to Erik. I can't help but wonder if everything ended well for him. There are so many unanswered questions. I expect Tayma to release a continuation soon. However, I'm not happy that there isn't a tangible resolution to some of the conflicts in this installment. Nonetheless, this is a trivial matter.

The storyline is lovely, and the editing is well done, though not exceptional. Therefore, I'm rating this book four out of four stars. I recommend this book to lovers of a fantasy story with a captivating storyline. There is enough tension to get your adrenaline pumping.

The Stolen Heir
View: on Bookshelves
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

Quite a riveting and detailed review that tells the story as it is in the book. Your attention to detail is a prominent characteristic. Keep up the good work. :tiphat:
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Tonikun2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonikun2020.html
Latest Review: Everyone Needs a Companion by Jerry A Greenberg

Post by Tonikun2020 »

Wow, the story line is quite intriguing. As a lover of fantasy stories , I will surely add to my bookshelf to read later. Thank you
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

A book about heirs and royalties will be interesting to read. Your review draws me to this one. Well done.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

This fantasy book sounds extremely intriguing and I can't wait to read it. Excellent job on this review.
Kanchan Bhil
Currently Reading: That Guy What Kill Topsy
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-bhil.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Kanchan Bhil »

This book seems great according to your review, would definitely want to read it!
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I will definitely need to add this one to my list (plus the proceeding book as well). Your review makes it sound quite riveting.
Pratima Solanki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pratima-solanki.html
Latest Review: Steel Reign: Flight of The Starship Concord by Braxton Cosby

Post by Pratima Solanki »

This book look amazing. You can tell the story only by title but this book is more than that. It is very detailed. I am going to add this book to my bookshelf
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a terrific adventure that also includes some profound themes. I wonder if Caligon was inspired by the Roman Emperor Caligula. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

This is very intriguing. I do love a good mystery like this. Especially when there is a series to it. Love the the review you did will be looking forward to reading this book.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I love mystery with a spark of fantasy. I hope it's as good as you claim cause I'm jumping right into it. Thanks for sparking up my interest with the review.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

It was the rating and name of this book which attracted me here.. And of course your review did justice to sparking my desire to read this book already.. Definitely adding it to the shelves
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

I have been interested in reading Tayma's work for a while now. Thanks for the nice review, I do love good writing, and this book might be a good start.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”