Review of Worldlines

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shreya_davessar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreya-davessar.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Review of Worldlines

Post by shreya_davessar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

'Worldlines’ is a science fiction by Adam Guest, based on the ‘Many Worldlines’ concept. It revolves around an incident where a crime is committed by the protagonist Gary Jackson ‘Gaz’ in his dream in one worldline, but the other worldline Gary has to bear the consequences of a crime that he has no memory of committing. The concept of the book is introduced to the readers very early on in the chapters but the reality of it washes over the characters as well as the readers when a dementia patient reiterates the dream and the crime. From there on it is a thrilling race to prove the seemingly impossible in order to spare the innocent.

Guest weaves through the various worldlines with ease and the transition is smooth. Not only does the author develop the characters really well but has also made sure to develop their traits according to the events of the respective worldlines. The story has a consistent pace and with the narrative being in first person, it gives the readers ample insight into Gary’s thought process and feelings leading to his dream that forms the basis of the story.

I did not necessarily like the repetition of dialog at certain instances, but understand that it is important for the development of plot and to get a perspective of diverse possibilities stemming from different actions and reactions. Another thing that bugs me is how Gaz and even Sinead make the connections almost instantly to something that has ever been just a theory and believe it all too easily. Some room for wonderment and doubt would have been good.

The book seems to be professionally edited as there are very few mistakes and none affecting the storyline. This book is practically a feast for all science enthusiasts. On account of the amazing concept, the intricate manner in which the various worldlines have been woven into the plot and the smooth transitions into the different worldlines, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

What an interesting review, I can't imagine suffering for what I know nothing about, that is caused by another me in another worldline. The book is really fascinating and it's intriguing. Great book

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”