Review by zawadi-1998 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zawadi-1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zawadi-1998.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Review by zawadi-1998 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by zawadi-1998 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A new arrival under Great skies is the first entry of a fantasy series by Mathew tysz . this a very interesting story, according to the author he loves watching people and imagining them in extraordinary setting which brings the fantasy part of the story. He uses fantasy but co relates with normal today behaviors of human being bringing out themes such as war, poverty, power struggles and love.

The author uses imagery quite well which enables readers to understand and create picture in their mind for dipper and better understanding of the book creating depth. This powerful imagery engages the senses of the reader especially at the beginning after the king hand given his sons different parts of the land to rule the state of people living in those parts drastically change and the theme of poverty and struggle is developed. As the story continue you’ll love its development through the main character Galen.

The favorite part that I liked so much is the character development in “we are voulhire”. Especially the character Galen who basically is the main character. We get to see him grow and develop after he escapes from his hometown which is a war zone country and move to Voulhire for greener pastures. Voulhire is full of knowledge and it is quite advanced compared to his own hometown. He goes to this place which he gets to learn a lot of things including the reason his home town became such a awful place.

I feel like the negative part I didn’t like so much is that there were a lot characters in the prologue and were introduced so fast which was quite overwhelming but overall I loved the book. To the future readers you’ll truly enjoy this book it is one of the best fantasy books I have read.

I would highly recommend the book because after you start reading it you just can’t stop because it’s very interesting. The editors did a good job and a lot of young adults would love this book. I rate it 4 out of 4.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”