Review by Shillah A -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Shillah A -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MarcellaM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Gary Jackson, a physics student, after narrating his near-death ordeal while still in high school to Professor Leyton Buzzard, is about to discover that he might be living in a multi-universe rather than a universe. Professor Leyton Buzzard explains that there may be different outcomes played out by different worldlines for the same event meaning that events exist in infinite worldlines although less infinite than all the possible alternatives. From the red line Gary is about to realize that another version of him from another worldline can have lucid dreams and ends up committing an offense and interfering with another worldline but what strikes most is that Mary O'Brien,Sinead's mother, suffering from vascular dementia, can recall the events of Gary's dream and associates it with the reality. Gary is determined to save another version of him in another worldline but he is learning that for every action there occur infinite possibilities with consequences. Adam Guest tells this story intriguingly in his book, Worldlines.

Worldlines is a successful book in many aspects. Adam Guest introduces the book in a comic manner that delves into the deeper insights of the book. The theme is introduced clearly and involves the reader in both professor Buzzard's physics lessons and also the assignments. The idea of different worldlines almost made sense to me from all of professor Buzzard's classes. The characters in the book have been well developed and Gary interacts with the same characters in all the worldlines. Adam also, despite narrating almost similar stories ended up giving it interesting and captivating turns.

Sinead was my favorite character in all of the described worldlines. She had amazing qualities and some of the mistakes she made concerning her life choices almost went unnoticed. The other characters in the book were well described and their roles were well defined. The end of the book was well selected as this story could have been an endless one evaluating the theme. The book is interesting and I did not find anything to dislike.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars since I didn't find any errors and the book was professionally edited. The author depicted a high level of writing skills and the footing of the story had been well structured.

I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy fantasy and science fiction. This book would similarly be of interest to those who are interested in theories involving the universe. I wouldn't recommend this book to children since it contains unsuitable content.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hiruni Hansika
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-hansika.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Hiruni Hansika »

Wow the idea of the author is terrific! Thanks for the great review ❤️
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

I think the plot has the potential to be really stunning. I'd love to read it, as I find playing with an idea of parallel universes fascinating. I really liked your review, nicely written.
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

Great review! I truly regret not picking it up when I had the chance. The description seemed a bit confusing, but after reading your review it seems like an interesting concept.
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

I reviewed this a while back and absolutely loved the author's idea. Thanks for the detailed review.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

Michelle Menezes wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 11:20 Great review! I truly regret not picking it up when I had the chance. The description seemed a bit confusing, but after reading your review it seems like an interesting concept.
Thank you. It is an interesting book. I also had doubts whether I should pick it but I ended up enjoying it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”