Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
supernerdural
Bookshelf Size: 0

Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas

Post by supernerdural »

This series follows Celaena Sardothien, the best assassin in the kingdom of Adarlan, through her adventures and fight for survival.

Honestly, this is one of my favourite series. Fantasy, action, suspense, and a little bit of romance, this series has it all. I loved it to pieces. It is still ongoing - only 2 books and some novellas have been released - and I am waiting on the edge of my seat for the next installment.

I tip my hat to you, Sarah J Maas.

Have any of you read this series? What are your opinions?
Ayakashi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayakashi.html

Post by Ayakashi »

I recently found these at my local library, and I agree; it's very well written, engaging, and has a nice combination of all sorts of elements. not too much magic right off the bat, a little romance, delightfully dangerous main character, and the characters aren't disappointing like some can be. It's not in my top 10, but maybe in my top 20. I read quite a lot of books though, so that's pretty good. it's decently long, very important, and the writing itself is very good.
2Friendly
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: The False Prince
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2friendly.html
Latest Review: "THE EMPTY WORLD" by Andrew Reeves
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by 2Friendly »

Oooh! Sounds exciting! I should put them on my to read list :)
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
dilajlark

Post by dilajlark »

I read the series and liked it, but I admit to being a little disappointed. Celaena is supposed to be this brilliant assassin, and she spent so much of the book acting as an immature schoolgirl with a crush. I was hoping her character would be a little more fierce. I also wish I had read the collection of short stories before reading the first two books, since it makes a lot more sense now that I know more of her background.
zeldagreene
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeldagreene.html

Post by zeldagreene »

I absolutely love this book. And I love the author as a person. I met her at the LA Festival of Books and she was just so funny and sweet and cute. I fell in love with the book because Sarah was just so amazing. I loved the second one, Crown of Midnight just as much and I just bought the third one, Heir of Fire.
mkostecki11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkostecki11.html

Post by mkostecki11 »

I read all the books in the series so far and it is one of my favorites. I never tire of Celaena, and my heart breaks for her, while at the same time inwardly egging her on to keep fighting. I believe the protagonist can truly make or break a book/series and here Sarah did a wonderful job; Celaena is a unique character who many readers will admire.
hpsecrets99
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading: The Spectacular Now
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hpsecrets99.html
Latest Review: "Suppliant" by Laura Tree
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by hpsecrets99 »

I was not impressed with this book. I thought there would be way more action than there was, and I disliked Celaena immensely. She never showed how she was "the best assassin" and only ever boasted about it.
Latest Review: "Suppliant" by Laura Tree
kbenson2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kbenson2.html

Post by kbenson2 »

I really enjoyed this book (actually the whole series). I thought that it was really well written from the interesting plot to the well-developed characters. The characters are relatable and described in detail. I loved Celeana as a character. You hurt and smile right along with her. You definitely get the 16 year old girl characteristics but that's one of the things that makes her so real. You get the struggle that she endures as a character but she is realistic in the way that she is not above those characteristics.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

Sounds like a pretty cool series! I love books that have a mix of everything, and these seem to fit the bill. I also love well-developed characters, so this series is going on my to-read list right now! Thanks for the recommendation!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
FAHenfrey
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahenfrey.html
Latest Review: "False Vacuum" by John Macgregor

Post by FAHenfrey »

This was one of the very rare series that got better as it continued. For those who haven't yet read it the latest book, Heir of Fire is an absolute must. Although I sometimes found Maas big twists a little predictable I now feel so emotionally invested in the characters that I can't wait to see what happens next, which to me is the essence of an amazing author. I have a feeling that the ending of the series when it comes will be even more exciting and action packed than what we've seen so far
Latest Review: "False Vacuum" by John Macgregor
2Friendly
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: The False Prince
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2friendly.html
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by 2Friendly »

So I read it, thanks to your suggestion, and I really liked it!!! I need to go buy the next ones now...Where has all my money gone...?
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
cnicholas

Post by cnicholas »

I really liked this book. I haven't read any of the prequels though. It's like a Hunger Games except in Medieval time and you could survive or go to jail. Celaena is a strong female lead unfortunately she in the middle of the dreaded love triangle.
IndieMae

Post by IndieMae »

I loved this book. It was fantastic and awesome.I loved how fast paced it was and how exciting it was. I love the assassin part about it. Wish the series wasn't over!
NellySites
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Favorite Book: Iron Kissed
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nellysites.html
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by NellySites »

I really liked this book, despite having some strong feelings of dislike for Celeana at first. With that much blood on your hands I can't really imagine you would act that immature, but as the books went on, her character developed so thoroughly that I was glad I stuck with it. It is now one of my favorite reads.
MTM
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by MTM »

Congrats to the author. I really like what you do.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”