Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cin8685
Currently Reading: The Address
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cin8685.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Re: Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas

Post by Cin8685 »

I loved this book! I could not read it fast enough!
My friend kept trying to get me to read the series and I brushed it off until I needed a new series and holy crap.i don’t know how any person could endure the things Celaena has encountered and lived through. She is tough as nails but I also like that she has a more personable side and a conscious that you don’t necessarily see at first.
I’m hooked!!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Nadine2000
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nadine2000 »

I don't remember how i stumbled across this book, but i know that i'm glad that i did. This book is captivating till the last page; making you want to read the rest of the books in the series. It's nice to have a female protagonist that can save herself and decides to have a romantic encounter...just for the fun of it. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is one of my favorite books and most definitely deserves a read and reread and to be shared with the world. it is an AWESOME book. :D :D
kazers911

Post by kazers911 »

This series has grown exponentially over the past few years and continues to be one of my favorites. As if the main plot wasn't enthralling enough, Sarah J. Maas takes the extra steps to write side stories, such as Tower of Dawn, which allows us readers to gain a wider perspective in addition to growing closer to the characters.

Highly recommend and I can't wait to see what she does next.
KatSims92
Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by KatSims92 »

Everywhere I go on book recommendation lists, I always see these books on there. I definitely want to read these books, but the library is always out, so I'll definitely keep my eye out because I love YA fantasy!
Aynslie

Post by Aynslie »

I honestly didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. I was having trouble finding book I truly enjoyed. I decided to switch up my game and go for a sci-fi book and I'm glad I did.

Sarah J. Maas did a wonderful job creating a world with characters we can truly enjoy. Our main character, Celeana, was a character I could relate to with her personality at time. I could describe many ways but not without spoilers :shhh:

Other than that, I really feel like this is a series I can truly enjoy. I've even gotten myself to read A Court of Thorns and Roses By Sarah J. Maas :D
rainydaysc64
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 834
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rainydaysc64.html
Latest Review: Isabella's Painting by Ellen Butler
Reading Device: B00OZTU156

Post by rainydaysc64 »

So far, I’ve only read the first two books in this series. I enjoyed both of them and can’t wait to read the rest of them.
KaciP
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by KaciP »

One of the best books/ series I've ever read. It was a great read and I often found I had to stop reading for a minute to keep from smiling like an idiot at some of the great moments in this book. I thoroughly enjoyed following her adventure and her witty humor. Sarah J. Mass I'd a truly wonderful author, and despite my belief, each book gets better. ❤❤❤
JessicaJG123

Post by JessicaJG123 »

Don't get me wrong I love Sara, her Court of Thorns and Roses series was amazing!!! But I could never really get into the Throne of Glass. And it's not like I didn't try, I read this book two different times and It was a no go both times. But I have a feeling it was because I just couldn't get into her writing. So my advise going into this book is to keep an open mind and to just read it. It does get better and even if you don't enjoy it try her other books. Because her characters are amazing and really well rounded and planed out. She has such a divers mind that it's hard to understand where all of this amazing plot and twists come from.
PoisonWhiteRose
Currently Reading: Lion Heart
Bookshelf Size: 1967
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poisonwhiterose.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by PoisonWhiteRose »

I love this series and can't wait for Kingdom Of Ash.
"I spent my life folded between the pages of books.My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me"

Raquel M.
anonymoushufflepuff
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonymoushufflepuff.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by anonymoushufflepuff »

I am currently on the fourth book of the Throne of Glass series and I absolutely love it. Celaena is an amazing protagonist as well as a strong female role model. Love this series and would highly recommend.
Azazel98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azazel98.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Azazel98 »

A friend was reading this series and recommended it. It took me a minute before I actually read it but once I did I was hooked. The plot and characters are all just amazing and every book just keeps me wanting more. I can not tell you how many times I have read this series because I just enjoy it so much.
Carli212
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's

Post by Carli212 »

I give this series 5 out of 5 stars. The characters all have unique voices and perspectives and they seem to jump out at the reader from each page. And believe me, this is saying something because the author changes the POV throughout the series so you get to see the inside of multiple characters heads, but it never gets confusing which is a real talent. The story line is rich and doesn’t lose it’s intensity through all 6 books. The plot is rich with details and the main character, Celaena, is a genius and throws so many twists that you will feel like you have whiplash trying to keep up. This is a series that I have read multiple times and each time I read it I find more reasons to love it. The characters become real people and you, as the reader, become invested in their lives and you will find yourself laughing, crying, yelling, cringing, and smiling right along with them.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I couldn't get into this series. Similar to what dilajlark said, the main character is supposed to be the best assassin, but her character just...didn't follow the pattern I would expect from an assassin. She hated killing people from what I remember (it's been a few years since I read it) and had an obsession with shopping for clothes. I felt the plot was too predictable as well. I love books that send me reeling because I don't see the twist and turns. I'm also used to assassins who prefer knives to pink clothing and carry a fierceness about them. I would think someone with a softer personality just wouldn't be an assassin, to prone to distraction.
Bluezebra2303

Post by Bluezebra2303 »

I loved this series and thought that it was a good writing style. I could have been shortened and the end was rushed but I give a 4.5 out of 5
Babyshamu98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babyshamu98.html
Latest Review: Blood Red Moon by Lee Roberts

Post by Babyshamu98 »

I can only recommend this series. Sarah Maas takes her readers onto an adventure, with new twists emerging around every corner. This is one of the few series that gets better with every book.
Celaena is a strong female heroine, who continuously makes the best out of bad situations. She is a main character that truly cares about the people who fall under her care. Her character speaks to young girls who are still finding themselves.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”