Official Review: Superbugs by Tayma Tameem

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Superbugs by Tayma Tameem

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Superbugs" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superbugs: Dawn of Freedom by Tayma Tameem tells the story of a pandemic era protracted by greed and personal interest.

For seventy years, the residents were kept in residential plants. The pandemic era demanded that you sit in a box waiting for a vaccine that may never come or risk going into the outside world with more pressing and savory demands.

The residential plants led by Lily Brayburn have moved to a safe house owned by the "resistance," a group resisting the government's policy. This was after an attack on it by Faulkner, a narcissist gnome. Faulkner was after a pregnant lady. He needed the baby the woman was carrying because he wanted to use her as a test subject to exchange resources. The safe house, located in a dangerous neighborhood, is surrounded by a virus cure crew. This crew is known for kidnapping humans to be used as test subjects for vaccines in exchange for resources. What fate awaits the residential planets?

The most vital attributes of this book are character development and the romantic element. Tayma creates relatable characters. Two of the most inspiring characters are Ben and Mable. Their love story forms a significant highlight of the book. Their love is so organic that the reader will wish any of them to be their lover. This romantic aspect flowed seamlessly into the central plot of the story. In the narrative, the sanitary precaution had denied young people the chance of falling in love. However, the people's hope grew when they saw Ben and Mabel together. Ben and Mable awoke the resident's longing for romance. They hope that the resistance will remove the embargo, and young people will no longer be denied the beauty of love.

To support an excellent character development is an impeccable characterization. With an unapologetically realistic delivery packed with emotions, this book is fierce in character description. The elegance and care with which the author describes her characters add richness and depth to the text. This makes the book very relatable. There is no mix-up in any way. Every character was distinct in their personalities, especially the ones with code names. The reader does not have to worry about confusing one character for another.

Events are arranged in an orderly pattern. The book's intricate flow of dialogue and dramatic descriptive style is second to none. The plot is unpredictable and suspense-filled and is sure to keep readers glued to their seats to the very last page. I tried to predict the fate of Mabel's unborn child but was blown away by the twist with which Tayma hit me. I am in love with the style and language of the book.

The editing of this book is commendable; the errors are minimal and not distracting. I immensely enjoyed reading the book without the interruptions of grammatical errors. There aren't any significant dislikes I have about the book. I'm only worried that Lily's condition was not made clear at the end of the book; maybe I will have to hold on to Victory's revelation and hope that she will be fine.

I rate this book four out of four stars. It has minor errors that are not enough to discredit the author's work or the editors in any way. I recommend this book to lovers of adventures and people inspired by stories about the struggle for freedom from oppression.

Superbugs
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure I want to read a dystopic, post-pandemic, story right now, but I read so many terrific reviews of Tayma Tameem's works that I'll probably do it, sooner or later. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Pallavi Lakra
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Pallavi Lakra »

Reading your review from amidst a pandemic, this book sounds relatable and kind of possible. A good character development is so important for a reader to completely engage with the book. Would definitely love to read the book. Thanks for the review.
Taze1968
Currently Reading: The Mortgage Loan Process
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Taze1968 »

I like the story on the Tayma Tameem: it was in the pandemic and after the pandemic started with the residential plants I would be very scared to go there especially I wanted you to be a test rat for them. It was a good review and I like it I like the review that the romance could come from this story.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I enjoy reading an unpredictable book!
I'm not a huge fan of sappy romance, so I'll see if I'll like the featured romance in this story.
Thanks for the review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The review is interesting and intriguing. I am eager to read the book.
Laksha Maria Charbel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laksha-maria-charbel.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Reading Device: B08KKD61CM

Post by Laksha Maria Charbel »

I admire and applaud the way this review has been presented. The summary described the storyline distinctly while engaging the reader's attention and balanced to maintain the integrity of the book. The insights provided are in-depth and display excellent knowledge and background in addition to a lingering eloquence. I am honored by the prospect of joining the review team with such gifted reviewers. It was an absolute pleasure to read this review. Truly inspiring work. :tiphat:
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

This review is definitely in depth enough to almost tell me the whole story though the dark scheme and post pandemic theme does dissuade those that allude to positivity in stories. All in all a great review. :tiphat:
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Sarah_Tricia
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Gideon the Ninth
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tricia.html
Latest Review: Hero by Danielle Bouthillier
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Sarah_Tricia »

I enjoyed reading this book! Part of it was relatability since the characters were going through a pandemic as well and at the time I read this it seemed like the COVID-19 pandemic had no end in sight.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

The review was a good one despite the fact that the book is not a favourite read for everyone.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Even though this looks like a genre I might not be interested in, the review was well articulated.
Uzzy_Reviews
The fabulous
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-fabulous.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by The fabulous »

Books on pandemic are rare to come by. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”