Review by Clare Jose -- Valoria by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Review by Clare Jose -- Valoria by Tayma Tameem

Post by Clare Jose »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Valoria" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Valoria written by Tayma Tameem is the first book in the Valoria series. It tells the tale of the three kingdoms of Al Kunooz, Valoria, Intellectus and Tranquilium. After the war that very nearly brought both kingdoms to their knees, the royal families of Valoria and Intellectus seek to put the past behind them and form an alliance by royal marriage.

Princess Zeina of Valoria is well aware of her role in maintaining the peace between her kingdom and the kingdom of Intellectus. With her older brother Zain set to marry princess Amber of Intellectus, Zeina knows that her marriage with Adam, the crown prince of Intellectus is not too far off. Despite the possibility of a marriage without love Zeina has long since accepted her duty towards her people and has comforted herself with three more years in her own kingdom. However the sudden arrival of the royal family of Intellectus well ahead of their time sends both Zeina and her brother into a turmoil. From their very first meeting Adam and Zeina have taken an instant dislike for one another. What could have prompted the families to move up the marriages? Can Adam and Zeina move past their differences for the sake of their kingdoms?

The book was well written. Written in multiple point of views, it enables the reader to understand the emotions and opinions of the main characters. It adds a certain depth to the characters present in the story as the reader can view those characters from different perspectives. I also enjoyed reading about Adam and Zeina and how their relationship progressed. However the story was not merely about them, the reader does get to know about the history between the two kingdoms, the events which lead to the need for a wedding, the politics involved and so on.

The book felt in many ways a foundation for the rest of the series. A chance to get acquainted with the characters, the situation and the story as a whole. I personally found it a bit confusing to keep up with the history because some of the characters have been given the names of their ancestors. While I managed to keep all of my facts straight, I felt that a family tree somewhere along the book would have been helpful.

All in all I would rate the book a 4 out of 4 stars . Even though I found a few grammatical errors there was nothing that could justify the deduction of a star. I would recommend this book to readers of YA looking for a pleasant read with royal families, politics and a bit of romance along the way.

Valoria
View: on Bookshelves
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Jose Arukatty
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jose Arukatty »

Brilliant review.

It creates curiosity to read the book. The style, presentation and the language is quiet cool and understanding.
Clare Jose

Post by Clare Jose »

Jose Arukatty wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 06:18 Brilliant review.

It creates curiosity to read the book. The style, presentation and the language is quiet cool and understanding.
Thank you. :tiphat:
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Lovely Jose
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lovely Jose »

Very good work, Lucid presentation, well narrated. Indeed a book that must be read, Definitely I must read the book
Clare Jose

Post by Clare Jose »

Lovely Jose wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 07:31 Very good work, Lucid presentation, well narrated. Indeed a book that must be read, Definitely I must read the book
Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”