Official Review: Seven Realms by Tayma Tameem

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Official Review: Seven Realms by Tayma Tameem

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seven Realms" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Seven Realms have been plunged into darkness by the Unknown. Untold evil has been meted out to residents of the Realms by the Mages. The Realms need salvation, and they need it quickly.

Fueled by hopes in an ancient prophecy, a Druid seeks to find those with the salvation mandate and unite them for their goal. The prophecy is full of hope for the Seven Realms. However, the Druid's success lies in fate and destiny. But as we all know, destiny isn't set on stone. Will he be successful? Find out in Seven Realms.

Seven Realms is an adventure-laden book intertwined with seemingly contracting yet unique details. In the book, we find a unification of different beings from different races with varying interests. What makes this alliance more unusual is that some are supposed enemies due to their diverse backgrounds. It's just like seeing a human having a coalition with a wild tiger — it's that bizarre. But in the book, they are united due to their wish to do good in an evil world. Their alliance sparked my interest. What heightened my praise for Tayma Tameem was putting that element of distrust between them earlier in the coalition. Recall that I said they were of different races, and some were enemies. Therefore, it would seem unnatural if they just formed a partnership and become buddies just like that. Although fictional, the author tried making the work appear as natural as possible to make sense of the alliance.

I've read a couple of books written by Tayma, and her reputation precedes her. In one of her books, she stated that she's the kind of author who writes the sort of books she wants to read. We see this fact proven to be accurate, as she doesn't just write cliché storylines of otherworldly realms. Her stories are uniquely different. After I first read one of her books, I became intrigued with her writing and sought more of her books. I noticed something about them. Although they are primarily stories about otherworldly realms, their storylines do not converge except when they are part of a series. Seven Realms follows the same pattern — It tells a story different from her previous stories.

The character development in Seven Realms was intriguing and added more spice to the read. We see the main characters move from seemingly unsure characters with their life purpose not yet decided to characters sure of themselves with defined objectives. The author wrote in a way that the readers are carried along.

There was no way I could predict future occurrences in the book. There was always a sense of suspense in the read. The high point of the story was when the author ended the narrative with a cliffhanger. This left me anticipating its sequel.

I should also comment on the author doing an excellent job of giving detailed descriptions in the read. One favorite description that I got in the read was that of the demons. I wouldn't be kidding when I say that the description scared the devil out of me. It felt like I was standing in front of these demons, petrified. It was both scary and amazing.

The book was well edited, as I noticed only three minor errors. Given the fantastic job done by the author, I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars, as I had no issues with it. I would recommend the book to lovers of fantasy books. If you're thrilled by paranormal stories, grab a copy of this book immediately.

Seven Realms
View: on Bookshelves
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I love a book where the ending can’t be predicted. This sounds quite intriguing and I’m interested to discover if the Druid can fulfill his destiny. Thanks for the great review
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: art of war
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishnajee100.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Krishnajee100 »

Paranormal fantasy with such interesting story, that's superb. The review is detailed and great. :)
Lila Ilak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-ilak.html
Latest Review: The Shade of Highfall by Mark O'Dell

Post by Lila Ilak »

I just saw another book by this same author! This sounds very interesting, added it to my TBR bookshelf
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The review is depicting so many twists and turns that I am really wishing to read the book.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a terrific fantasy novel. This is yet another very positive review about Tayma Tameem's novels, so I hope I can start reading them soon. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

While I generally don't like books that end in cliffhangers, this one sounds interesting, but I guess a book by Tayma Tameem has to be interesting. :lol: A superb review nonetheless. :tiphat:
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”