Official Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Official Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Utopia Project" by Billy Dering.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever imagined a world where powerfully selfish forces practically exterminate humanity? Do you love the intrigue and drama that accompanies an exciting novel? Then, this 344-page novel titled Utopia Project by Billy Dering would pique your interest. It is steeped in the themes of conflict, science, drama, intrigue, and death.

The book is divided into four parts within a futuristic setting. The story follows Kid Carlson, his girlfriend, Sara Hyland, and their friends as they try to navigate the complexities of a world in which the major population is obliterated due to a new advanced technological weapon of mass destruction. Part One tells the story of the destruction and the females' capture into a contemporary society on a ship. In Part Two, the author shows us the new society through the eyes of the characters. Part Three begins with a plan and ends with an unexpected occurrence. The final part chronicles a battle with evil forces, grief, and discoveries. Read up on this book to find out more about the Utopia’s project.

Billy Dering is excellent in interweaving intrigue and flashbacks. For instance, Kid Carlson’s flashbacks explain to the reader how his relationship with Sara Hyland began. The characters’ emotions are well projected in every phase so that the reader can’t help but be swept along in their complex journeys. Characterization is diverse but richly constructed within the story dynamic. That is one of the novel’s preeminent parts. Also, the story is characterized by suspense and a mighty imagination, which is fine-tuned by impeccable scientific research. Scientific advancements play a critical role in this novel, and it is evident the author left no stone untouched in his research and should be applauded for it.

Another main strength the novel has is its imagery and intrigue. Both are consistent and ever-present, ensuring that the reader is ultimately drawn into a dystopian world that should, ironically, be Utopian. The editing of the book is impressive and top-notch. During my reading, I only came across a few errors that weren't detrimental to my reading process. These facts, coupled with the fact that the story was so enthralling and hard to put down, are the primary motivators behind my rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Moreover, there is nothing to dislike about the book.

My favourite character is Kid Carlson. He is smart, masculine, and brave. He is also excellent at thinking on his feet, especially in near-death situations — several times in the novel, his intelligence and fearlessness save the group from death. What makes him remarkable is that he demonstrates both strength and compassion, leads effortlessly without the need to dominate, but isn't scared of vulnerability and emotion. My favorite scene in the novel is the escape scene from the ship because it had adrenaline pumping through my blood.

In conclusion, I believe that readers will be captivated by the youthful and idealistic bravery powered by the fight for a distinctive kind of freedom. Readers would also be awed by the formidable teamwork, the joys of friendship, and the power of hope. Therefore, I recommend it to lovers of sci-fi stories with suspense, intrigue, and heart-thumping action. It is not a book for the fainthearted readers.

Utopia Project
View: on Bookshelves
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is great that the author has studied the scientific foundations well, as a basis for the plot of the book. Thanks for the review.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I would probably read this book because it is futuristic sci-fi, and it has a character named after "Sarah Hyland" (the actress). I wonder if the author did that on purpose. Great review!
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

This sounds like a great book. And it has a little amount of errors? Even better. I'm definitely putting it on my list because a dystopian book with good imagery and a good way of explaining how things came to be is one I want to read. Thanks for your review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a terrific novel with an engaging story that keeps the readers' attention until the end and at the same time addresses some important issue about our present and future. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your interesting review. Since books with realistic and remarkable casts are my cup of tea, it looks like Kid Carlson can be my favorite character with his intelligence and bravery.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It's a futuristic story which will take you on a new world ride. Utopia project will make a good read. Thank you for an interesting review!
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

The "scary" thing about these utopistic and sci-fi narratives is that they seem more and more likely to happen... Now I always look at them as something that could actually be a near reality! From your description, this novel definitely tickled my interest!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

It’s so good the author was able to make you really feel some of the scenes and that the characters are so well written. Thanks for the great review!
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Utopia Fiction gives me futuristic and speculative fiction vibes! I wonder how this one goes 🤔 thank you so much for the wonderful review!
Baelish_x
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Baelish_x »

It is great that the author has studied the scientific foundations well, as a basis for the plot of the book.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting suspenseful science fiction fantasy novel highlighting global extermination, conflict, science, drama, intrigue, and death. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Enamoney
Currently Reading: Gilded Prisons
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Enamoney »

This seems, by all accounts, to be a great novel with an attractive story that keeps the perusers' thought until the end and at the same time settle a couple of critical issues about our present and future. The surprising thing about these sci-fi stories is that they have all the earmarks of being progressively more responsible to happen... By and by me by and large view them as something that could truly be near this present reality. From your portrayal, this unique assuredly invigorated my benefit
Samuel Mamo
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-mamo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Samuel Mamo »

Wow! what a sci-fic! I am intefested to this utopia project as the world need to be more of such kinds of rescuers in real world. I can't wait to see how kid Carlson, his girlfriend, Sara Hyland, and their friends navigate the world and fight with evils.
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

This seems to be an interesting Sci-Fi book. The sample that I read generated a lot of curiosity in my mind. The review is very well made and impressive. Thanks.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”