Official Review: Box by Richard J Lowe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Official Review: Box by Richard J Lowe

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Box" by Richard J Lowe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Box by Richard J Lowe takes readers on a crazy adventure through different worlds. Kevin Maddock and his sister Simone have lived all their lives on Mars. One day, they discover an alien artefact that they coined ‘the box’. Upon taking a closer look, Simone touches the exterior, and a door appears. Once inside, they find themselves transported to another planet. Confused, shocked, and intrigued, the siblings must now find a way back home to mars.

Back on Mars, these two are on the wanted list. Dr Webb has spread false rumours and claimed that Simone and Kevin stole the artefact and escaped with it. When news arrived to Daniel Maddock (the sibling’s father), he starts his own investigation into what happened to his kids. Will Simone and Kevin make it back home safely? And is home really safe for them anymore?

The unique storyline is what kept me hooked on the book. The storyline flowed really well and at no point did I get bored. I found it fascinating learning about how the characters lived on mars. After you finish reading the book, you find yourself questioning whether it’s possible to live on Mars in the future and what life would be like on Mars.

I think the author has done a fantastic job at describing every scene and atmosphere in the book. I could vividly picture the red planet and the luscious green grass on the ‘alien world’. I believe the author’s descriptive writing is what made the book come to life.

All the characters in the book were developed really well. I like how the author gave even the small characters like Conway a fun personality. It truly felt like the characters were my friends. Being able to be emotionally attached to the characters made the book that much more fun to read. My favourite character has to be Simone because I loved her courage and her kindness towards the others. Simone truly represents a strong female leader.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. I enjoyed the book from the first chapter to the last. If you are looking for a book that will take you on an adventure, then this is the one.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I truly believe it deserves this. I only found one mistake, so it is professionally edited. I highly recommend it to those who enjoy reading sci-fi fantasy books. This book is not suitable for young readers as there is violence and murder involved.

Box
View: on Bookshelves
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I can’t imagine how cool it would be to grow up on Mars. But beyond that, I’d love to know where the box took the kids and if it was by design or accident. Thanks for your great review!
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Dartemis »

This sounds like an interesting take on what it would be like to live on another planet. I wonder how this story will end? Thank you for your wonderful review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging story of people living on Mars who become unwilling travelers to another planet and back to Mars. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”