Official Review: Asteroid Apophis Lord of Chaos

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Official Review: Asteroid Apophis Lord of Chaos

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Asteroid Apophis Lord of Chaos" by John S. Pritchett.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How would you react if you discovered a dangerous asteroid was headed towards the Earth? Asteroid Apophis Lord of Chaos is a fiction novel written by John S. Pritchett. The story started at the control office of the “Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System (pan-STARRS)” in Hawaii. Juan Carlos, a recent graduate of the Institute for Astronomy at the University of Hawaii, made a crucial discovery in this control office. He discovered that the asteroid, Apophis, was not adhering to its projected trajectory. Confirmed by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), this asteroid would pass close to the Earth in forty-three months on the 29th of April, 2029.

This discovery was communicated to President Michael Johnson, the United States president, by James Franklin, his chief of staff. As the plot progressed, it was discovered with greater certainty that this asteroid would hit the Earth, and the precise section of impact was narrowed down to the New York Metropolitan Area, Central Park. How did the President and his Cabinet respond to this challenge? What was the response from the International community? Were they able to successfully prevent this asteroid from hitting the Earth? Find out by reading this enthralling fiction novel.

This book has a lot of positive aspects. Firstly, the plot is exciting and unique. The book captures the reader's attention right from the first page. The plot advanced quickly from one event to the other until it reached its climax towards the end of the story. The tension the story builds up in the reader's mind ensures that his attention is not lost at any point while reading the story. Also, the book is informative and educative. It invites the reader into the world of astrophysics, astronomy, and many other vital concepts and terms related to such disciplines. Readers will enjoy broadening their horizons on such topics.

However, the book also has one negative aspect. Most of the terms and concepts appeared too technical and might be challenging to grasp for some readers. However, in fairness to the author, footnotes were made at the end of each chapter, explaining and simplifying most terms.

I discovered some grammatical errors in this book. However, they were not significant and did not hinder me from enjoying the book. Hence, the book was professionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars since it was exciting, educative, and informative. I recommend this book to science lovers all around the world. I also recommend it to all who are passionate about asteroids, astronomy, and astrophysics.

Asteroid Apophis Lord of Chaos
View: on Bookshelves
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

An asteroid is about to hit earth in 43 months. That's really a phenomena we can only imagine and it makes a good story to read about. I wonder what the president do to stop the asteroid. Thank you for the great review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I can feel the tension already as the characters watch and wait for the asteroid to hit. Great review!
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

Your review is very compelling! It seems like an exciting read, but I could see how it could be a little overwhelming also. Great insightful and well-written review!
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

The reviewer brought out the good elements of the book. I admired that. Great job.
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

I’m glad the author added footnotes because I would be completely lost if he started throwing around terms related to astrophysics. This book sounds really interesting. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I like how the author includes footnotes to explain things. That would help a lot when reading and coming across terms that you arent too familiar with. Thanks for the review!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

This seems like a great book and I'm glad the plot is equally as exciting. Great review, a pleasure to read.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm familiar with the issue of asteroid danger. In fact, I followed the campaign that led to establish Asteroid Day on June 30, the anniversary of the Tunguska Event, the biggest strike recorded in history that, in 1908, devastated a huge area of Siberia. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I love catastrophic stories, so this is certainly something I would enjoy, in spite of the technical terms.
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

It sounds like this book would be a fascinating introduction to the world of astronomy and astrophysics. I look forward to reading it. Great review!
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

I'm normally not a fan of catastrophe stories, but this one sounds really good, I might give it a go. Thanks for the insightful review.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I like suspenseful stories, and this sounds like one that I would enjoy. The idea of an asteroid hitting Earth is, unfortunately, a possibility. Thanks for your informative and interesting review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This plot has been done again and again. The story still sounds interesting, though. I'll have to look into it further. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”