Official Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zee_Zee
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zee-zee.html
Latest Review: Miranda and the D-Day Caper by Shelly Frome

Official Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Zee_Zee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rulers of the Galaxy" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rulers of the Galaxy is a science fiction novel with a plot bordering on intergalactic warfare between planets. One of the main characters, Salarin, wakes up in the middle of a battle with amnesia. Not able to remember who she is or her mission there, she tries to find safety. Meanwhile, the high minister of the Imperials is determined to take over Elemental's land. Things are in his favor, but a turn in events might throw a spanner in his well-built plans. Will he succeed? Will Salarin find herself? Find out by reading Rulers of the Galaxy.

Rulers of the Galaxy was an exciting book with surprises and twists. Tayma Tameem sure went all out in putting the element of surprise in this book. Bosco, who I believed to be just a raider, wasn't who I thought he was. At the time of writing this review, I was still in awe, trying to come to terms with all the twists and turns.

When I started reading the book, I thought it was vague and boring. The plots regarding Salarin and Daaken were not correlating. I couldn't relate to the two. There was also no sense of suspense initially. The book started to make some sense to me after the first few chapters. It seemed like the story began there. I connected the different parts, felt the climax build, and noticed some scenes that heightened suspense. I had initially lost interest in reading and only continued reading to give an honest review. But after crossing those first few chapters, my interest was aroused, and I couldn't drop the book till I finished.

As much as I enjoyed reading the book, I had a slight issue with it. I had difficulty following the name of the planets the high minister was warring against and the ones that were his allies. This was because the names were so many, and I mostly had to backtrack to follow up. The two names that I followed without issue were the Imperials and Elementals, as they were recurrent. As much as this is a slight issue, I thought to call the author's attention to it.

Rulers of the Galaxy was a book I enjoyed reading. There were a couple of errors, but not enough to deduct any point. Therefore, I would give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to lovers of sci-fi fantasy stories that have an intergalactic theme.

Rulers of the Galaxy
View: on Bookshelves
sssns
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sssns.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by sssns »

It must have been quite a challenge for Salarin to recover her memory amidst the chaos and confusion of the planetary war. Thanks for the insights.
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-becca.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Booklover Becca »

Really great review. I’m glad you were honest about where the story actually got interesting and that the rest of it made up for the slow starts
Dartemis
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom! by Trish Ostroski

Post by Dartemis »

The first few chapters usually make or break a book for me if I want to continue reading it or not. I’m glad, however, that you were able to persevere through them to write your review. Thank you for that.
S P
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Ironing
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-p.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by S P »

I think I'd really struggle to read this book because I find it hard to keep up when there are so many made up names and places! But I'm glad you've given it such a good rating in your thoughtful review, and it sounds like it's full of suspense which always makes for an interesting read.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading: The Martisian Legacy
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Whatever It Takes by Heaton Wilson

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a novel that might take a little bit to take off and then becomes really engaging with a vast scenario for the story to unfold. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Mwatu
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Mwatu »

The twists and turns in this book seem epic. I am glad to read you enjoyed it. Thank you for this review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”