Official Review: DELSAR: The Champion & The Hero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Official Review: DELSAR: The Champion & The Hero

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "DELSAR: The Champion & The Hero" by A.D. Morway.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Arviakyss is the “Queen’s Champion,” and his devotion to saving lives and his act of heroism stemmed from the promise he made to his dying mother. You may need to read the book to find out the promise he made. Soon, he was reputed as the “People’s Champion.” But did they betray him and turn their backs on him? This would mean a fall from grace for him.

After the invading of Elidria’s village by mercenaries, she would find Arviakyss to save her. But this would be difficult for a hero like Arviakyss, who humans had betrayed. Did she convince him to forgive his betrayers? If he forgives them, this would mean that they would form a partnership to save “village morphs,” reveal the truth and fight higher powers.

DELSAR: The Champion and The Hero was written by A.D. Morway. This book takes the reader on a journey of conspiracies, friendships, waves of laughter, battles, and tests of honor. It is a fiction book with values that underlie our present real-life issues.

Reading this book was a thrill for me, as I enjoyed discovering Elidria’s character. I pretty enjoyed how her never-give-up attitude clashed with Delsar’s strict nature. The character development of Elidria was amazing, as her resilient character was quite motivational for those around her.

What I liked most about the book was that the book was written in dialogue. The humorous banter diffused the tensity of the book. Also, I liked the author’s ability to explain past experiences relevant to the present occurrences without dwelling on the past; it was pretty commendable. Elidria’s dream in the book gives us glimpses of what happened to her later in the story. These were areas I considered positive in the book.

What I disliked most about the book was that there were too many loose ends, as the book was inconclusive in certain areas. For instance, Bekka’s relationship with Delsar was not expounded properly. This is the aspect of the book that I found very negative. Likewise, the king’s true intentions that were hinted at were not explained. Some parts of the story were left midair, like the magician’s involvement in Delsar and Elidria’s mission.

Overall, this book was a delight to read. Since it was mostly written in dialogue, I did not find significant errors in the book. Therefore, this book was professionally edited. I would gladly award it four out of four stars. I recommend DELSAR: The Champion and The Hero to readers interested in fictional adventures and fantasies.

DELSAR: The Champion & The Hero
View: on Bookshelves
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Got me wondering what is the promise that he made to his mother? Also, I'd feel bad I helped someone and then they turned their back on me later. I wonder how it works out for the protagonist. Thanks for your review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Love this review! I can feel your excitement about and how much you liked it. I’d be very interested to dive into this book
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I hope it turns out to be a good book like you suggest. Did the partnership happen or not? Great Review.
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

It's really sad to know that Arviakyss acts of heroism was repaid with betrayal from the people he stuck out his neck for. The decision to forgive or not to forgive them is his choice to make. Whichever he makes, I won't blame him.

Interesting story, great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing novel that includes not only adventure but also ethical and moral issues. I wonder if there will be a sequel to go on with the loose ends. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”