Review by mamalui -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by mamalui -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

Post by mamalui »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz is the third book in the We are Voulhire fantasy series. Galen, Demetrius and Rowan find themselves on another journey. This time, they are going to Soulhire, the capital of Voulhire, where they are seeking for an audience with King Wilhelm. Meanwhile, Lord Meldorath, who is now an Eiodi, is also on the way to Soulhire, looking to steal something from the palace. While they are there, unexpected events happen that none of them could foresee. Will Galen and his friends achieve their goal? Will Meldorath get what he wants from the palace in order to push forward with his evil plans of destruction?

The plot in this book is fast paced and simply amazing. The characters were well developed and quite impressive. The fact that this time around, the author has given us a deeper look into Galen's and Rowan's past, was like icing on a cake. The action and fight scenes were so realistic that the readers will find themselves captivated. And I found the fact that Meldorath, having all that power and choosing not to abuse it, to be something new. I simply could not put the book down. I wanted so badly to know how it was all going to end. And I was not disapointed. I liked the part where Galen was remembering about his life back in the Land of the Princes, and the tough life lessons he had to learn in order to better defend himself. It was touching to see how good he turned out inspite of all that. It helped me to understand why he was the way he was and why he had such a strong character, which he showed to everyone he met and it made me like him even more.

This book was a bit slower on the main plot compared to the others I have read in this same series. There was some swearing and sexual language but nothing too shocking, and no actual sex scenes. There were no tough female characters in this installment but that didn't keep me from having a good time reading it. I was very saddened by the death of one of my favorite characters in the book. And the fact that his death was not properly mourned or avenged by those he left behind. Which made his senseless death an even bigger loss. With all that said this was a good read. I am looking forward to reading the other installments to this fantasy series.

After being taken on an enjoyable journey reading this work of fiction, I give it a rating of 4 out 4 stars, because it was professionally edited. There was some use of course language here and there but no errors.

I recommend it to readers who like dark fantasy works of fiction and due to lack of sexual scenes I would also recommend it to young readers as well as adults.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”