Review by Pri_ncess -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Princess SeeBo
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princess-seebo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Pri_ncess -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by Princess SeeBo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is an epic tale that is mainly about power, new beginnings and the battle between the physical and magical world. It exposes the reader to three different universes characterised by varying life forms and possibilities.

A New Arrival Under Great Skies is the first part of the We are Voulhire series. Under the prologue, the author introduces Lord Orlin, lord of Hillport. He is then dethroned by Meldorath, the magistrate who goes on to succeed him as lord of Hillport. In a world where power is often abused, will his reign last? The first chapter of the book introduces Galen, a main character who undertakes a journey of discovery as he relocates from his birthplace in Hillport to Voulhire in search of greener pastures.

I admire the author's remarkable storytelling ability. He uses a lot of descriptive words which makes the story come to life. I also noticed that he uses a lot of complex words and phrases, which could help improve the reader's vocabulary. While reading the book, there was never a point where I could predict what would happen next. That demonstrates the level of creativity and originality with which the author wrote this book. It is exceptional! I also like how he uses implicit, reverential phrases in certain parts of the book. Most of the characters in the book are complex and keep evolving, which makes the book even more interesting.

There are instances of profanity in the book, though they are not as frequent. I feel as though the author used profane words to make the storyline seem real. I did not come across any grammatical or spelling errors while reading the book. I feel that it deserves 4 out of 4 stars since it was exceptionally written. It has also made me even more interested in reading the second part of the series.

Since there are instances of profanity in the book and extreme violence, I would specifically recommend it for adults that are interested in fantasy. Since it also does not contain any explicit sexual scenes, teenagers can also read it with parental guidance. It is also a book that I would recommend to those that are trying to improve their vocabulary and overall knowledge of the English language.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

As a fan of fantasy and sci-fi, I am drawn to this book. Magic and different realms are intriguing, to say the least. Thank you for a wonderful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”