Official Review: Dive: Endless Skies (The Dive Sequence B...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Official Review: Dive: Endless Skies (The Dive Sequence B...

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dive: Endless Skies (The Dive Sequence Book 1)" by Chris Reign.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Eyre is on a mission to prove herself and find "The Vessel of the Dijinn" in an alternate reality game. In a surprising twist of events, she finds herself with a team of guild members on a dangerous mission. She embarks with them on their mission. In this supposed action-packed story, loyalty, bravery, and determination are guiding forces that keep the team moving forward. Step into this story and join the adventure with Eyre and the team.

Dive: Endless Skies (The Dive Sequence Book 1) was a story I found mildly interesting. I found specific details of the book intriguing. For instance, the storyline was set in an alternate reality game that was so real that the characters even felt pain. This was unique, as I've never read anything like it; so, it was fascinating and thrilling to read about something like this.

Another characteristic of the book that was intriguing was Chris Reign's detailed description of the book's events. Following the story and reading the explicit description painted a vivid picture of the story in my mind, making the story seem realistic.

As I previously stated, I found the story mildly interesting, and there was a reason for this. For a more significant part of this book, I couldn't get the story's real point and where it was headed. It took reading almost the entire book to get what looked like the gist of the story. There wasn't any form of resolution for the tension that built at some point in the book. I understand that it's a story in series. However, each installment in the series should arrive at a definite conclusion while the author leaves a cliffhanger to create anticipation for the next installment. Unfortunately, there wasn't any tangible focus for this first book other than a mere prelude to the next book in the series. In retrospect, I did understand what the author intended, but the execution could have been better.

This book has a great potential to endear readers to its fascinating plot. I can only wait to read the next book to see if the story hits a real climax. The editing was professional, as I found only a handful of errors.

I would give the book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I deducted one point due to the concern I mentioned earlier. I could have given it a 2.5-star rating, but that wouldn't be consistent with OBC's guidelines. I would recommend the book to lovers of fantasy stories, especially ones based on an alternate reality. The book isn't suitable for a younger audience, as it contains a high level of profane words.

Dive: Endless Skies (The Dive Sequence Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
222niazi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 222niazi »

This book seem amazing & can be readable because it involve adventure that will amaze you & give you a new way think about adventure.
Pluma
Favorite Book: Wonks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pluma.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Pluma »

It sounds like this book had a good premise, but it’s always frustrating when the plot doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Thanks for the great review!
sharon titus
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by sharon titus »

The book seems thrilling, I'll be adding it to my shelf. Great review. Thank you for your hard work.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel has interesting premises, probably it's the kind of book you start only if you're ready to go on with the whole series, so the first book takes its time to set up plot and important characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”