Review by meena1997 -- Zara Hanson & The Mystery of ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
meena1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meena1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by meena1997 -- Zara Hanson & The Mystery of ...

Post by meena1997 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol" by J.L. Haynes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Zara Hanson and The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes is a story that combines the human kind, the supernatural beings, the myths and technology. The protagonist of this story is Zara Hanson, who is the daughter of a deceased British diplomat, brought up by her father’s bodyguard, Master Wang and his wife. She was disciplined in Neijia, an ancient way of martial arts and internal alchemy, as well as in parkour. She is explicitly selected for a mission that the whole of human race relies on.

There are two sects explained in the book: Elb, who validates all universe races for their techs and evolutions and Eyt, who are the protectors of the humankind. Currently Elb is against the human race as some of them have trespassed the “crypt of God” and has conveyed a warning that the Terrans are to be judged. To protect the whole of Terra from this situation, a mission was given to Zara, codenamed “The Painted Symbol.” She received help from an Artificial Nano Synthetic Electrochemical Biological Entity – Ansebe, the serpent with a thousand faces – Fez-Pyan, the sub-Rohza. How Zara completes her mission comprises the story of the book.

What I enjoyed the most in this book is the interaction of Zara, Ansebe and the sub-Rohza. It was interesting, sassy at times and assisted Zara to grasp what was waiting for her in the mission. The thing which I disliked in this book is that, the author uses many terms that are based on quantum mechanics, physics, biology and advanced science. Dodecahedron, hyper-luminal, duplex neuro-mapping, and tetraporphyrin are some of these. This slowed my reading pace, as I’m not into subjects like physics or astronomy, it puzzled me at times. The start of the story could confuse the reader a bit but after a few pages, the reader will definitely enjoy the book.

The book is thoroughly proofread and has maintained the quality for a mysterious supernatural, sci-fi book. A steady pace is maintained, and it picks up the pace towards the end of the book. Those with an interest to books that are based on mythology, quantum physics and fantasy will definitely enjoy this book for its imaginative ideas that the author provides us. I dint see any errors and merely has borderline profanity.

I rate Zara Hanson and The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes, four out of four stars and I recommend this book to those who are interested in reading a sci-fi story mixed with supernatural events and mysteries.

Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”