Review by Isabelle -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isabelle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelle.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Isabelle -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by Isabelle »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is a new life waiting Galen Bray in Voulhire when he escaped his devastated hometown from the rivalry of the princes. After twenty years of rigor, he finally evaded through his grandfather’s will. He then saw how forsaken they were in their own land. In Voulhire, people are joyful and have free will. Later on, he learned more of what life really is including the adversities in ruling and power, which was foreshadowed in the prologue.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a science fiction introducing a whole new world of magic. Matthew indisputably puts his heart to the story as he even provides maps and glossary within the book. Also, he used imageries well to show the differences of the towns in the story. In addition to that, it is easy to keep track of the story. It has a nice flow and pace which, for me, is effective since the places and customs in the story is unfamiliar to the readers.

Although learning its unique setting is exciting, the long descriptions made it a little duller for me. I personally dislike the monotonous parts like when Galen described the parade in Soulhire. The preceding events are full of action and conversations. It did not sit right with me when I had to suddenly read lengthy descriptions of a single thing. On a good note, it was a great lead off to the main plot. The build-up was just a bit off for me for I have personal dilemma with long paragraphs.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars for I was impressed by the author’s dedication and to the story itself. The new surrounding is a little overwhelming, but it was exceptionally exhibited. Since it was the first of the nine books, I feel a little dissatisfied with the ending. I am honestly looking forward for the next copies.

Moreover, I believe that the book is perfect for fantasy lovers. The author is excellent in drawing the settings and events with words, and the plot is remarkable. However, I do not recommend it to poetry readers or those who dislike novels. It is a series composed of nine books; Reading only one of it might not be satisfying. It was decent and not profane, so this book can be a good suggestion for teens.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

Moreover, I believe that the book is perfect for fantasy lovers. The author is excellent in drawing the settings and events with words, and the plot is remarkable.
Sounds interesting. I look forward to read this one.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”