Review by mamalui -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by mamalui -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by mamalui »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Worldliness: A Many Worlds Novel by Adam Guest is the first book in the many worlds series. It is a science fiction story about the possibilities and outcomes of there being other versions of the characters found in the book in other worldlines. It is a psychological thriller which revolves around Gary Jackson and how one single act affects his life and his relationship with family and friends.

Gary who is a physics student, has a beautiful girlfriend named Michelle Peyton, and supportive family members. He finds his world turned upside down when he is accused of her murder. The strange thing is that he has no recollection of committing the act. Even as all the evidence shows him to be the culprit. At the same time Gary Jackson from another worldline questions himself and his actions after he commits the same crime while lucid dreaming. This Gary though thinks nothing of it as he thinks it was only a strange dream, until he is confronted by his girlfriend's mother suffering from dementia, who seem to have witnessed the crime happen in another worldline. Here the story takes the reader on a whole new journey as we see the characters from the different worldlines try to save the innocent Gary by using lucid dreaming as the means of communication. Will they succeed?

The author, Adam Guest shows his magnificent imagination by introducing a story line that pushes the reader to expand his or her imagination while reading the book. The many characters in the book all act as a catalyst to the storyline being very interesting and extra ordinary.There is also a very strong message in the story about the importance of having a good support system with friends and relatives.The author also shows the reader the many outcomes a single thoughtless act can have on peoples lives. One may begin to wander what would happen if the act of lucid dreaming could really transport a person to another world entirely. What would happen if say two or even three worldlines collided?

I found the plot quite enjoyable and very different. The characters were relatable. My most favorite was Sinead O'Brien who proved to be a very good friend to Gary when he was going through hardships. And speaking about the outcome of the book, I found it to be quite satisfactory.

I would like to recommend it to readers who love psychological thrillers with a touch of science fiction. The book was well edited therefore I give it a 4 out of 4 stars as there were no errors.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”