Review by Cryslyn_f123 -- Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cryslyn_f123
Favorite Book: Mirrored Worlds
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cryslyn-f123.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Review by Cryslyn_f123 -- Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by Cryslyn_f123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mirrored Worlds" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mirrored Worlds is a fantasy novel written by Tayma Tameem. This story revolves around the adventures, victories, trials and tribulations of a group of powerfully magical warriors from different backgrounds that come together with a common purpose to help save their world from possible destruction due to an unknown threat. The story conveys the message of balance, team work and loyalty throughout. Lila the main protagonist along with her companions have to restore the balance in their thoroughly magical world by infiltrating a hostile part of their world and retrieving a non-magical innocent, transporting it back so that they could send it to where it belongs therefore restoring the balance in not only the magical world but also its non-magical counterpart, Earth. Following Lila and her companions through seldom explored parts of their world, where they face life threatening dangers, new friends, hostile governments and betrayals to complete the task set by their government due to their high magical capabilities.

Mirrored Worlds is one of those books that expands a reader’s already overactive imagination. It creates a world not different from our own but directly proportionate to it, a mirrored world as the title says basing the story around the premise that the worlds on either side of a mirror is not only the same but also different and this difference should be protected to ensure the balance of both worlds. I love the book and one of the main positive points about it is the way it captured my imagination making it hard to put down. A page turner in its own right and will be appreciated by readers who enjoy this genre of storytelling. One negative of the book is very personal and talks to my own disappointment in the way it ended, the cliff-hanger at end in my opinion was too big, even for a book that is apart of a trilogy.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as not only is the story well thought off, structured and transporting, it is also well written and edited. I cannot wait for the sequel to be published and will buy the book whenever this comes about. This is the first book I read from the author and I can say that Tayma Tameem has captured my interest and will be apart of my book collection in the near future. I cannot dunk a star for my own disappointment in the cliff-hanger at the end of the book but there might be some readers who share my opinion of the same.

I recommend this book for readers above the age of 13 as the story is riveting and can accommodate younger readers who enjoy the Fantasy/Sci-Fi genre. There are scenes of altercations and general upheaval but this cannot be classified as gory in any nature and is by far very teenager friendly. This does not mean that the book cannot entertain adult readers which I am sure it can based on its intricate world building and structure.

There are rare errors as I could comprehend from the book. There is also no profanity, erotic or religious content. The book is a pleasure to read and as it is well edited it is also easy to read. To summarize my review, I would like to recommend this book to any and everyone above the age of 13 to buy the book and read it. It will transport the avid reader to a world similar to ours but different in every way.

Mirrored Worlds
View: on Bookshelves
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Cryslyn_f123 wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 08:54 Mirrored Worlds is one of those books that expands a reader’s already overactive imagination.
That is a great compliment for a fantasy novel. Thank you for your take on this first book in the trilogy.:balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”