Review by aby johnson -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Review by aby johnson -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's...

Post by aby johnson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray and company have reached their hometown Magnum Caelum after escaping from Virko. Galen wants to meet the king and warn him about what is happening at Virko. To get an audience with the king, Rowan takes them to his home in Soulhire, the capital of Voulhire. Lord Meldorath is the new eiodi and has calculated plans to meet with the king too. While heated politics is brewing in the royal court, a mysterious assassin attempts to assassinate the king but fails. Who is the mysterious assassin? Will Galen and Lord Meldorath get an audience with the king? The story moves on to how everyone will converge finally at Soulhire.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz is the third installment in the 'we are voulhire' series. So if you haven't read the previous two books from the series, it will be difficult to understand and keep up with the third book. This book explores more of the protagonist's adventures throughout the kingdom of Voulhire. We get to see the political side of the kingdom and the issues faced by the king and his court. We get a little background information regarding some of the main characters too.

What I liked most about the book is how the author has achieved to develop the plot and the characters more by giving us the story behind certain characters. The suspenseful feel of the whole series is kept intact throughout the book and that keeps the readers on the edge.

What I didn't like much about the book is the ending itself. The ending doesn't give us answers to the previous plot holes and provides more questions. Even though this will make the reader want to read the next installment, the ending doesn't feel so powerful. The author could have constructed a much more enthralling ending to the book.

By taking everything into account, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because the book is perfect. The story is good, the character development is good, and also the overall feel of the book is excellent. I didn't find any typographical or grammatical errors in the book. The book doesn’t contain any sexual content and will be suitable for any age group.

I would recommend this book to lovers of the fantasy genre and to anyone who loved the previous two books from this series. Book has elements of adventure, suspense, and action. So if anyone loves these genres, they will find this book enjoyable.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I thought this book was pretty good. I will agree that it wasn't the best, but it is still good. I liked the second book and the fourth book the most so far. (Haven't read the 5th or 6th yet). Thank you for your review!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: art of war
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishnajee100.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Krishnajee100 »

I really liked the last two books of this series, and after reading your review I will surely read the third one. Thank you for such nice review.
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

strange subtitle for a book- 'someone else's end'. what say? nice review though :)
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”