Review by notfair345 -- The Unborn by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
notfair345
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-notfair345.html
Latest Review: The Unborn by Tayma Tameem

Review by notfair345 -- The Unborn by Tayma Tameem

Post by notfair345 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unborn" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unborn by Tayma Tameem is a sci-fi novel set in a dystopian future where the world as we know it has been utterly destroyed by human greed and the consequences of this have led mankind to be subjugated by a dictatorial corporation called Forge.

The world has become an inhospitable place under the control of the Forge Corporation, which by taking advantage of the most valuable resource: water, have shown itself as the saviors of the human race; Forge has managed to create habitable compounds where life can continue despite the hostile condition, but so much light can only hide very dark shadows; The story unfolds from the perspective of the main characters, Jake Hurst and his wife Summer Hurst, he is one of the seven directors battling for the power of compound 17; thanks to his authority in that deranged new society, Summer, despite being a woman, got her position as a technician in the birth project —a camera full of artificial wombs that helped overcome the horde of miscarriages women were suffering from—but in Forge, nothing is what it seems and Summer feels it deep in her heart, so when an unplanned pregnancy hit her out of the blue, she will have to make the most difficult decision in her lifetime.

The book has a slow pace that influences the good development of both the characters and the story, some chapters may seem unimportant at first but all are equally relevant to understand the big picture and also to perceive how humankind can get so rotten in egoism, aiming only for its own interest; I think that's something well portrayed in this story.

The book was professionally edited I didn't find any mistake; I like that the book wasn't what I was expecting, for the name I thought it was going to be only about what was happening inside the birth project but that was just one of the problems laying inside the whole plot, I also like the character development in almost all the characters, and the sudden ending leaves me with lots of unanswered questions and expecting for more. For all of these good features, I give the unborn a rating of 4 out of 4 stars

The Unborn
View: on Bookshelves
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

The consequences of human greed is an all too real problem. This sounds like an interesting story. Hopefully summer can save her baby. Great Review!
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”