Official Review: Anthros Galactica - Rise of the Omicron

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: Here On Moon by Edward M. Krauss

Official Review: Anthros Galactica - Rise of the Omicron

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Anthros Galactica - Rise of the Omicron" by Erik P. Antoni.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A group called The Omicron Order, long thought to be extinct, seems only to have gone underground to be a cult-like association led by General Cyrus. They plan to bring a change to the course of human history by crossing ‘meta-humans’ with normal people, as they feel humans are inferior. With a lot of sleeper cells already around the galaxy and backed by a supernatural deity called The Gorgon Queen, can anyone stop Cyrus and The Omicron Order?

Meanwhile, the Orion Empire, led by King Sah Bellatrix, is the most powerful and influential human civilization throughout the galaxy, conquering and integrating unstable civilizations that are void of peace and have the potentials of loss of lives. Orion Empire is currently monitoring the situation in “the Scorpius Republic,” where their military is beginning to split, a result of General Cyrus’ refusal to hand over power to the elected President Quinten Meir, as previously agreed. Would Orion Empire intervene?

King Sah has two sons: Lord Giao and Lord Raiden. Sah has recently given a clear assertion that his second son, Lord Raiden, is his heir. Why has Sah made this decision? Will Lord Giao become a ticking time bomb, following the king's affirmations? Find out the answers to the above questions in this piece of fiction called Anthros Galactica: Rise of the Omicron by Erik P. Antoni.

I like how the author starts the tale by including a reference guide that explains the appearance of the several humanities that constitute the galaxy. As a result, I had a mental picture of what they all looked like, and if the author mentioned any group that was confusing at any point, I could always go back to the guide to refresh my memory on their features. The writer has also done a great job of creating and developing the important characters. Through their dialogues, I was able to tell their personalities. Another strong point of this book is the way the author executes the plot. I followed the story swiftly and wasn’t confused with the storyline at any point. I cannot wait for the second episode of this series, and the end of this book sets the perfect stage for it, as it ends in a cliffhanger. It’s interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I found some parts of this book tiring to read, especially locations where the characters tried to make presentations or explain some points. For example, when Orion's intelligence team was giving a debrief about Scorpius, the presenter extensively explained the “spheres of the human mind” while they were explaining the psychotic nature of a genetically-modified mind. I don’t think all that information is relevant to the storyline. If anything, I found them to be distracting. Additionally, I didn’t like the fact that this book always made references to Earth. For example, the author states that “1 Earth year is equivalent to 0.9 Orion years.” While this series may ultimately lead to the emergence of human civilization on Earth, the author shouldn’t reference the planet since it doesn’t yet exist in the story.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The star I removed is not unconnected with the complaints I discussed in the previous paragraph. I haven’t rated the novel any less because I think that the author has done a good job creating a tale with a unique storyline. Moreover, this book is exceptionally edited since I found no errors throughout the text. Readers that are interested in fiction stories relating to war and royalty on a galactic level would enjoy this novel, and I recommend it to them. However, note that this volume contains the use of profane words; sensitive readers may want to steer clear.

Anthros Galactica - Rise of the Omicron
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading: The Long Utopia
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Seven Tiers by Mark Richards

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite some exposition and the inconsistencies you pointed out, this seems like an engaging novel with a story at the galactic level. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Joy Phill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-phill.html
Latest Review: A Pathway to Freedom by Milca Meruelo

Post by Joy Phill »

I'm quite curious about Lord Giao in his predicament. This seems to be a book with intriguing twists. Thanks for an informative review.
RayRuff
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: The Fisherman and his Foundlings
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayruff.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by RayRuff »

I would like to venture into reading more sci-fi books, as I've only read a few. This seems interesting and not too complicated to understand. Thank you for your review!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”