Review by Niamh1234 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Niamh1234
Favorite Book: From Lukov With Love
Currently Reading: One Way Or Another
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niamh1234.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by Niamh1234 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by Niamh1234 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wow. We are Voulhire A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz, is simply brilliant. This book is a medieval, modern type novel with Kings, princes, and mages. It is told from multiple points of view Galen, Eldus, King Wilhelm, and more with loads of secondary characters like Rowan and Lady Charlotte. It is a slow build to an explosive ending. The start of the book is dedicated to setting the foundations for Voulhire, Soulhire, and more. Also, involves introducing characters, and then from there on the suspense starts. You are reading about Meldorath, a mage whose name alone can incite fear in people. I was questioning other character's motives, wondering who is the good guy in this book. It reminded me of Game of Thrones but in no way is it the same. It has a more modern civilization.

There are so many good things about this book. I feel like I have discovered a treasure. I believe this has serious potential to blow up. It deserves to. This book is written well with really descriptive language and phrases. The characters are extremely well developed. I cared about them. I liked Lord Eldus, my favorite character. He is a nice guy, a purely good character. As annoying as they can be this cliff-hanger ending enhances the appeal of this book. It does leave you waiting in suspense for the next book that, in my opinion, is the best way to distinguish a good book from a bad one.

The only negative thing I can think of for this book is that it could have been longer. The book hit its peak, and you are left with that cliff-hanger eagerly waiting to see what happens next.

I recommend this book 4 out of 4 stars. There are no reasons at all to fault this book. There were no grammar mistakes, this book is edited very well. There is even a dictionary at the end of the book to help with any difficulty with the terms. What more can you ask of an author?

The recommended audience for this book would be fantasy lovers. Fans of Game of Thrones and The Witcher will love this book. This book will be in their league one day. I would not say this book is exclusively for fantasy lovers I would recommend anyone who comes across this book to read it. I loved it and cannot wait for the next one!

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”