Official Review: System Reset by Joe Clements

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nonny2208
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: System Reset by Joe Clements

Official Review: System Reset by Joe Clements

Post by Nonny2208 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "System Reset" by Joe Clements.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My love for sci-fi is unconditional, but the thrill gotten from reading System Reset by Joe Clements is truly one of a kind. The storyline is a well-crafted one, with adequate suspense, breathtaking twists and turns, and lots of action. I was impressed by the author’s unique way of captivating the readers.

Uroy and Balto are rehired by Hyperlight years after an incident led to them being let go. They are then sent to make a secondary assessment on a system believed to be dead after they lost a drone to it. Uroy is skeptical, suspicious about Hyperlight’s true objective as everyone seems to be warming up to them. They agree to go on the mission, but they’re captured during their journey. Meanwhile, Detective Jackson Sartore tries to investigate the Anatsu Butai, when he runs into some unexpected troubles. Grab a copy of this book to find out what awaits Uroy and Balto, and how Detective Jackson goes about this sudden unexpected troubles.

Lovers of sci-fi will definitely fall in love with this after scrolling through the first ten pages. The book contained only 87 pages but had a lot to offer. It had a compelling storyline that encompassed alien-like creatures, machines, and fictional systems like Terminus and Terrasedt. I love the way the author was able to make these fictional systems look real. The descriptions were top-notch and it made the storyline very thrilling and captivating. The character development was also magnificent. The book had major and minor characters that were well-developed and their roles were clearly expressed. The scenes were also equally well-developed. My favorite character in the book is Uroy, I love his inquisitive mindset. I also like the character, Kyung Ja. My favorite scene in the book was the moment when Uroy and Balto accepted their fate after informing Cole Eden what went down on Mars.

The only thing I didn’t like about this book was how the issue of The Engineer, Oshan Reay, was handled. It was anticlimactic. Nevertheless, the book was very entertaining. It would definitely make a very good movie adaptation. The book was also able to convey emotions through its characters. Details of workings of machinery and knowledge of ecosystems made the plot very realistic. I hope there's going to be a sequel to this, because I can't wait to see what other surprises the author has in store for readers.

The book was exceptionally well-edited as I couldn’t find any errors in it. The language employed was simple, and the author’s writing style was engaging, so I’m rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi stories.

System Reset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 203
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Seven Tiers by Mark Richards

Post by NetMassimo »

There's a lot in such a short book considering the well-constructed plot with twists and turns and the well-developed characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: The Commander by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Upeksha »

I'm a huge fan of sci-fi and detective stories. This book seems as an absolutely addcitive novel, so I hope to get my hands on this soon! Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”