Review by K+SQUARE -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by K+SQUARE -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by K+SQUARE »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What could make a person risk death on an unstable boat to an unknown land rather than staying in his war-torn homeland?

According to Galen, the answer is hope. He says, "In the Lands of the Princes, it was death by the sword or slow starvation. So, when the opportunity came, I didn't even consider the details. I ran to the docks and I waited, papers in hand, for the next boat to somewhere else. For in these waters lay other human kingdoms far away from the emperor and his plans."

The story revolves around multiple characters and is told from each character's perspective without breaking the flow of the storyline. King Wilhelm imprisons Lord Melodorath and lied to his people that he was dead because he wanted them to feel at ease. He sends Lord Eldus to the town of Hillport to help them heal and raise their standard of living but Eldus' grand plans for the little town was cut short for reasons spelt out in the book. The head of the Mianoran Council, Midius Maido is locked in a political tussle with the king for power over Voulhire.

Galen's wide-eyed innocence and the way he marvelled at things other people considered normal simply goes to show that there are so many realities beyond what we know and are used to. It will take lots of exposure to get acquainted with a majority of these realities, yet I feel we may still not scratch the surface of the realities around us. I couldn't help but be moved by Galen uncle's letter describing his many failures and the gift of advice he gave this young nephew.

The conversation between characters is either full of wisdom, mirth or comedy. It is always a joy to read the back and forth between them, I can't help but ask for more. It might interest you to know that a Voulhirian calendar year consists of 380 days.

In We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies multiverse exists; Cosmos and Caromentis. The author introduces Cosmos as where the order was ruled by time and space. Caromentis is where the order was defined by the madness of every mind.

There are so many things to like about the book. I love the philosophical theme and the author's grand descriptions are impeccable. My favourite description by the author is the mural of God in Yamon Soul. However, what resonates with me most in the book was Matthew Tysz's ability to pass across life lessons to the reader through conversations between the characters. I could find nothing to dislike about the book. It delivered on every reason for reading a science fiction novel.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first the in the We are Voulhire series. The book was exceptionally well-edited, I could find no single error. Therefore, I rate the book four stars out of four for reasons mentioned above. I can't wait to read the sequels.

Finally, I recommend the book to lovers of science fiction and thriller.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MarianaFigueira
2021 Reading Goal: 200
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by MarianaFigueira »

What a lovely review, thank you so much for sharing.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 18:59 What a lovely review, thank you so much for sharing.
You're welcome. Thanks for reading.
Mtibza eM
2021 Reading Goal: 66
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Diamond and Pearls
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thank you for such a beautiful review, I enjoyed reading it. I also read and rated this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”