Review by Duke mwas -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Duke mwas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-duke-mwas.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Duke mwas -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by Duke mwas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Mathew Tysz

Tension arises as Castle Hillport is attacked by an evil powerful magician. The attack is well planned and executed and ends up claiming a lot of casualties from the castle’s guards. Dark magic is a prevalent theme in this book and is the go-to weapon for people who want to harm powerful people in fatal ways. After this scene, we meet the young and eager young man that is Galen Bray who is traveling from the land of the Princes to Magnum Caelum after being called upon by his uncle.

Before he gets to Magnum his uncle, unfortunately, passes away but he decides to still go because he is the only heir to his uncle’s forge business. He soon meets Rowan who is his uncle’s executioner and they become fast friends. Rowan enlightens him on details about his uncle’s life and the forge that has been left to him.

As all this is happening Eldus Alderman has recently become ruler of Hillport and with this title, he gains enemies. These enemies want to prevent him from correcting the mistakes made by his predecessors as they believe that it would be most beneficial to them if things stayed as they were. The city is also attacked and this leaves Eldus Alderman and his family in grave danger. The odds are not looking so good for Alderman and it leaves one wondering whether he will be able to protect both his city and his family.

The author lays out the order of events in a digestible way. The scenes are vividly explained and the dialogue is well developed. One can connect to the characters. The storyline is original and captivating. This is a good book for the first story in the series and the author does a good job bringing the story to life. It has a nice flow that one can easily follow. It is also full of suspense and a good kind of tension up to the end. In this dangerous world of magic and betrayals, one doesn’t know who to trust and this kept me turning page after page.

The themes are also clear and well laid out. Themes such as death, war, and betrayal are well illustrated in the book. These themes usually occur after a series of events building up to the. Love, friendship, and the importance of family are also some of the positive themes that are illustrated in the book. I did not dislike anything about this book. I thought it was well written with a simple enough language that anyone can follow the story.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as I did not find any grammatical mistakes that could indicate that it was not professionally written. I would recommend this to someone looking for an indulging story into a fantasy world with magic and suspense.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MarianaFigueira
2021 Reading Goal: 200
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by MarianaFigueira »

Thank you for the amazing review
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson