Official Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The Foundation by Patrick Barrins

Official Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Stolen Heir" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Please note that this is a re-review of this book.

When we have a choice to change our circumstances for the better, we often take it. Most times, however, the best of intentions delivers the worst results. We see this play out in The Stolen Heir Book One by Taymar Tameem.

In this book, we are introduced to a whole new world of magic, mages, kings, and queens. From the ranks of the four kingdoms that make up Krasoria, a group of people (the Madregals) rise to fix the imbalance in the world and end the poverty and suffering of the non-royals. Hope comes in the form of a prophecy, but it leaves them with a difficult decision. As events unfold, the heir is stolen, and the entire kingdom plunges into chaos.

There's no right and wrong anymore. Everyone is pursuing a personal agenda. With betrayal at every turn and evil forces coming into play, the fate of the world lies in the hands of the stolen heir.

This book tells a fascinating and captivating story. There are so many subplots within the main plot and so many twists and turns. The book picks up speed right from the beginning and races on till the end. It is very engaging and keeps the mind busy trying to figure out how it will end. The author puts many creative twists into what seems to be a typical storyline, making it difficult for anyone to put down this book once they start reading.

I was impressed by the author's descriptive writing style. She created an entire continent with several kingdoms, rules, and other components, and she did this in a way that was not contrived or overdone. I found the scenes very realistic and detailed, the dialogue natural, and the characters believable. The story flowed smoothly, and I was carried along. The author had a way of making me feel like I was at the scene with her descriptions of sight, smell, and taste.

My favorite part of this book was the suspense. Even though the main villain was revealed right from the beginning, the author still kept me guessing what his next move would be. Many unusual activities kept me from getting predictive with the story's flow. The suspense reached its height at the end of the book, where it ended abruptly, leaving me with many questions and eagerness to read the second book in the series.

It was impressive to see that the author implemented the corrections I suggested in the first review. Hence, I'd give the editors credit for doing a professional job. I also noticed that the format of the book greatly improved. Since there wasn't any other issue I had with the book, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to anybody who enjoys fantasy books.

The Stolen Heir
View: on Bookshelves
Reviewer100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer100.html
Latest Review: Miranda Writes by Gail Ward Olmsted

Post by Reviewer100 »

Magic and sorcery are two themes I wouldn't like to find in a book, but this seems to be aggooddod plot.
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

I love fantasy books, and the storyline and the pace of this particular one seem intriguing. I appreciate your review!
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: The Great and Incredible Germophiles
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Down the Rabbit Hole by Brian Noga
2022 Reading Goal: 57
2022 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by NetMassimo »

A great story set in a well-constructed world is really something I want to read. When an author shows a commitment by publishing a revised version, for me that's another reason to read the novel. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Legion of God by Jason West
2022 Reading Goal: 40
2022 Goal Completion: 42%

Post by Nqobile771 »

The storyline is indeed intriguing and seems to be multidimensional. It is heartwarming to see authors heed the advice shared by reviewers and improve on it. Great job!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

Really got me interested in this book. I will surely read this. Good review.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S
2022 Reading Goal: 5
2022 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Amy+++ »

Great review. This book sounds alike something that I won't be able to put down.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Wow, Tayma Tameem never disappoints. I have read only one book from her and judging from reading this review, this book is definitely a must have. Her ability to write sci-fi that questions today society is outstanding.
dcruzsammy
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcruzsammy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by dcruzsammy »

I've always been interested in fantasies and sci-fi, this surely did caught my eye. Already started reading it and it's been interesting so far. Can't wait to see how it further unfolds.
B Creech
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: The Road Taken
Bookshelf Size: 317
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-creech.html
Latest Review: Now Is The Time by Davis Holt Jr
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 46%

Post by B Creech »

In as much as I don't care for fantasy novels, this one sounds interesting. However, I don't read anything pertaining to magic, so I will have to miss out. I also love descriptive writing in a book. When an author has the special talent of making you feel as if you are part of the story it is hard to put a book down! Thanks for the informative review!
B. Creech
Mutumba94
Currently Reading: Shadow Game
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutumba94.html
Latest Review: Living Forward After Loss by Kathleen Ho

Post by Mutumba94 »

I love fantasy and thank you for the re-review. The book sounds interesting. I will definitely read this one.
:geek2: Mutumba94
Lunastella
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Other Wife
Bookshelf Size: 2221
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunastella.html
Latest Review: Maniacs, Monsters and a Bump in the Night by G. Richard Evans
fav_author_id: 5604
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Lunastella »

I was impressed by the author's descriptive writing style. She created an entire continent with several kingdoms, rules, and other components, and she did this in a way that was not contrived or overdone. I found the scenes very realistic and detailed, the dialogue natural, and the characters believable. The story flowed smoothly, and I was carried along. The author had a way of making me feel like I was at the scene with her descriptions of sight, smell, and taste.
This is, indeed, a rare quality in a fantasy book. Most authors that create complex fantasy worlds over-describe them, and the book ends up being tiresome or confusing.
Thank you for your honest review.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Ethically Challenged by Laura Katz Olson

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I have no doubt that this is a captivating story. This author seems to have very unique ideas for her books. Great to hear that your feedback help to improve the book. Good job!
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Mmg8464
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 670
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmg8464.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Mmg8464 »

I am beginning to enjoy fantasy books and this seems great. I admire authors who have the vision and the ability to describe well in writing. Thanks for a great review.
theprakriti
Currently Reading: The Glass Hotel
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theprakriti.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by theprakriti »

The blurb looks interesting. The storyline makes me want to read the book. I think this will be a great fantasy. Review very well written.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”