Official Review: Glory and Redemption

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Sailing Against the Tide by Carol Busby

Official Review: Glory and Redemption

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Glory and Redemption" by Isaac J Fisher and Joshua Fisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Glory and Redemption: Book of the Archangel Michael by Isaac J Fisher and Joshua Fisher is a science fiction fantasy and the first book in a trilogy. Adam, God’s first man, has two sons named Cain and Abel. Cain, Adam’s firstborn son, is banished and cursed by both Adam and God after he murders his brother. After thousands of years, Archangel Gabriel borrows a large pink diamond from heaven’s archives. The diamond contains the Book of Michael. Michael is the oldest angel and is Gabriel’s brother. The Book of Michael can provide Cain insight to gain redemption from God if he can find it. The book is Michael’s journal that includes his memories and experiences of God's creation of the first angel through the closing of the Garden of Eden. Cain is tasked, by Gabriel, with the job of reading this journal in an attempt to gain redemption for killing his brother. What insight can this book give Cain to gain redemption from God? How does the time from creation to the end of the Garden of Eden affect Cain when he was born after this?

There were multiple things I liked about this book. Firstly, the authors do a nice job of incorporating not only life lessons but also leadership skills in their descriptions of God’s acts and instructions to his angels. Secondly, I liked the descriptions of God, earth, heaven, the beasts, the angels, and the dark angels. I could vividly picture them while reading, and felt like I was there and part of the action. Thirdly, the book only had two minor formatting errors and one punctuation error, which did not distract from the reading.

There was only one thing that I disliked about this book, and that was the ending. Even though it is the first book of a trilogy, I expected more of a conclusion than I received. However, if the authors intended to gain interest in the rest of the trilogy, they were successful. I hope to get the opportunity to read the next book.

Due to the three small errors I found, I can not say the book was exceptionally edited; I will say it was edited by a professional. There were only two paragraph breaks in the middle of sentences and one punctuation error in the entire book. For this reason, I still give the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Even though this book has an abundance of religious content, I believe it is appropriate for any reader who likes a good science fiction book. From a religious standpoint, I can picture the events in the book happening, but most of them are not anything I have ever heard in a sermon or read in the Bible; the book is fictional.

Glory and Redemption
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading: Metropolitan
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Reality Games by Tom Reissmann

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a peculiar reinterpretation of Judeo-Christian foundations. I'm curious to see how the authors will go on in their trilogy. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Abe_y j Mathe_w
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Abe_y j Mathe_w »

This seems like a peculiar reinterpretation of Judeo-Christian foundations. I'm curious to see how the authors will go on in their trilogy. Thank you for your great review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”