Review by HaleyHardy -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HaleyHardy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haleyhardy.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Review by HaleyHardy -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by HaleyHardy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is about a new world with so many new possibilities. The prologue begins this story with violence and unknown chaos which entices the reader to want to continue to read. It introduces magic that resides within this new, unknown world. Many characters are created and followed throughout this book, which allows the reader to follow along easily. You will go on many adventures with the different characters, while you and some of the characters discover this new world.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This book has clearly been professionally edited and proofread. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, brings a new world into reality. This book portrays good versus evil in all aspects, and brings to light new ways to look at these two principles. The book was an easy read and I did not ever want to put it down because each line represented new information to keep the story flowing in an exciting, unknown direction.

Positive aspects of this book are plentiful. First, I would like to point out the way the author ensured the reader would not be confused about any new language regarding words and locations that were presented in the story. The author provided references and definitions, as well as a map for the reader to go back to if they needed additional help. Secondly, the author introduced each character by themselves, separate from the other. By doing this, it ensured I could keep up with the story. Finally, by dividing the characters during the novel, it allowed for great character development that made me feel like I knew each character entirely.

There are little negative aspects to this book. Still, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, created many unknowns, that I wanted to be answered in this book. However, knowing that this book is the first in a series, I would suspect all unknowns will be answered in the subsequent novels.

This book is for anyone who is open to learning and immersing themselves into a new world. I would recommend this book to all readers. The mystery and suspense in the story are thrilling and entices the reader to read as quickly as possible to hopefully figure out the answers to the unknowns. I cannot wait to continue to read this series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”