Review by samps1910 -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
samps1910
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samps1910.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by samps1910 -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the...

Post by samps1910 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The adventure continues as more of the plot unfolds in We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind, the sixth book in the series. You must read the previous volumes for this one to make sense.

Galen Bray finds himself in Caromentis, another world which is very different from Cosmos, their world. Voulhire has been taken over by the Emperor of Lullabies and his army of nightynights. Galen hopes to find Meldorath, who is his sworn enemy, but he believes Meldorath is the only one who can save Voulhire. Meanwhile, Rowan and Demetrius are unaware of whether their friend will make it back, and continue onwards to the Dire Vine Jungle to train the students of Diamora. There they find evil residing, and Demetrius does his best to destroy it. A new character, Angela Velys, is introduced, who is a strong female character, who really had me hooked. Her storyline alone is capturing and admirable, and Matthew Tysz has done an incredible job in developing her personality. She is also fighting against the rule with her husband, Adrian Velys. I find her more endearing than Harper Renard, who really portrayed her negative side. The mystery surrounding the book is all solved towards the end.

My favourite part of the novel was all the characters and the developments that we got to see. The author has a way with words that made me feel I was present in the situation, feeling everything the character was going through. The humour made the book more likeable and a little relaxed, with the dark plot. I did find the book a little slow and disliked the pace, compared to the prequels. Other than that, the novel is a great read. If you've been following the series from before, it is a must-read! The plot is unfinished without it!

This novel was on a milder side, hence having less gory scenes. There is a lot of profane language, so I recommend those who do not prefer the language to stay away. I recommend this book to adults with a longing for adventure, especially during this pandemic! A great series to spend your time on! I found a few errors, but they were minor and not a hindrance to my reading.

I rate this work 4 out of 4 stars as the pace wasn't something I would want to knock off a star for when the book is such a pleasant read! Your imagination runs wild while reading this with all the descriptions written by Tysz!

We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”