Review by Ayo7 -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayo7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayo7.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Ayo7 -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind

Post by Ayo7 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The trio of Rowan, Demetrius and Galen get separated from one other as the stakes of the fate of Voulhire are now higher than ever. Rowan and Demetrius, however, reunite at the Dire Vine where they worry about their friend who remains missing. Their minds, however, get occupied as they immediately encounter threats from the evil Folcro that would not only test their endurance, but see them tap into their inner strengths to survive. Will Rowan and Demetrius be able to stop Folcro and his demon cronies?

Unknown to his friends, Galen is in Caromentis where he seeks to help the Kingdom of Voulhire under occupation by the King of Lullabies. To accomplish this however, he has to convince Lord Meldorath and King Javikun Modius; two mortal enemies, to set aside their differences and help save Voulhire. Will Galen be able to get them to work together and save the kingdom of Voulhire before it is too late?

We Are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind is the sixth book in the We Are Voulhire series written by Matthew Tysz. The plots and setting had already been set up in the prequels, so the novel dove right into the story straight away. Similar with previous the books in the series, it had short chapters with POVs constantly changing along with the narration.

Detail was given to the descriptions more than in any of the prequels, as abstract constructs such as the realm of Caromentis, had to be painted perfectly to get a vivid picture. This also helped give life to the new characters added, and the amazing imagery of it all allowed the narrative to breeze through easily.

The novel was also developed nicely as there were observable changes or rather depth in the protagonists as the series wore on. Several anticipated explanations from the first book were also made known in the book and it gave optimum satisfaction when reading them.

The novel was also nicely paced, the dialogue was entertaining and I absolutely loved the description of the action scenes. With the series drawing to a close, it made the novel seem even more intriguing, and it was a page-turner for me.

Anyone who has begun this series should continue as the plot just gets better and better. Readers of fantasy fiction would definitely enjoy this novel and series and would I recommend to any fan of the genre. As it is the sixth book in the series, maximum reading satisfaction will only arise from reading the previous books in the series. There is some profane content however, and some scenes are rather dark and graphic so I would recommend it for a mature audience.

I give this novel a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because I found absolutely nothing wrong with it. The editing was impeccable, and I didn't observe any errors whatsoever. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I look forward to reading more books by the author.

We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”