Legend by Marie Lu

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pooja_1999
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pooja-1999.html

Legend by Marie Lu

Post by pooja_1999 »

Legend was such a great book! It was action-packed and an easy read. With only 305 pages, this book managed to make me and a lot of other people connected to the main characters, Day and June. This story follows both of them, showing us about the USA (It has been split into 2 sections; the Republic and the Colonies). Day and June both live in the Republic, but are polar opposites. Day is a most wanted criminal at the age of 15 and June is the only person to ever receive a perfect score on her Trial. What will happen to these two?
NicoleMiller690
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NicoleMiller690 »

I love that series. It reminded me of the Hunger Games and the Divergent trilogies.
amqzong
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amqzong.html

Post by amqzong »

I really liked the first book because I have a soft spot for strong female protagonists and I loved June's relationship with her brother, but the second and third books just weren't as good. The plot was full of holes and the world they were set in wasn't very believable.
yalonde
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower

Post by yalonde »

I picked up Legend at the book store after hearing a lady speak to her friend about buying the book for her niece because her daughter said it was a great series. I read it in one day. Very interesting. I was intrigued by it. I got the second and third book from the library, expecting to read them in two days. I got half way through the second book and I decided I did not want to finish. I used to hate starting a book without finishing it, but as I get older I have realized that there are way too many books I could be reading while wasting my time reading one I am not interested it. So all in all, Legend was good, but the second was not good enough for me to finish reading.
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read the first book and loved it. I didn't continue to the next ones since I have heard they weren't as good.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
kismoody
Currently Reading: Cat's Cradle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kismoody.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Post by kismoody »

Great book. I loved this one. I haven't read the other two yet, though. What do you think of the other two?
emski100
Favorite Author: Veronica Roth
Favorite Book: Divergent
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emski100.html
Latest Review: "The Beer Bellies" by Andrew Mather
fav_author_id: 2445

Post by emski100 »

I read the first and second but have yet to read the third. I liked Prodigy better but its been a year and I forget a lot that happened so I can't read Champion yet.
Just a girl with a banjo and some books...minus the banjo
Also a booktuber :)
Latest Review: "The Beer Bellies" by Andrew Mather
lse322
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lse322.html

Post by lse322 »

I read them all. They were all good, but I think the first two were better.
BadrQamra
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badrqamra.html
Latest Review: "Warm Front" by Mark A. York

Post by BadrQamra »

I loved this trilogy, really enjoyed it. I loved both characters Day and June. I thought that the story was really interesting and well written. the character development was great. there were some sad parts in the book. the development of their relationship was interesting too. I just felt bad for Day so many bad things happening to him. But the end was quite refreshing I think. Overall loved the series.
Latest Review: "Warm Front" by Mark A. York
MarieMc
Currently Reading: Host
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariemc.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MarieMc »

I really liked these books. I have read all three and found them to be very good. There were many difficulties and challenges along the way in these stories. I would suggest you to read all three. For me they come to a satisfying conclusion.
abookishblogger
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abookishblogger.html

Post by abookishblogger »

gali wrote:I have read the first book and loved it. I didn't continue to the next ones since I have heard they weren't as good.
I personally thought that they were brilliant! I loved Prodigy most in fact! You should pick up the next two!

I loved this series, it was such a quick read for me, I spent a week reading the entire trilogy (including the 3 days of shipping I had to endure to receive the second and third books!) I couldn't put them down!
Allison
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allison.html

Post by Allison »

This book was a fabulous Dystopian novel. I loved the world Lu created and the wholesome characters that brought so much energy to the plot. I also especially liked the alternating POV's of both characters and the distinct voice they both had which led me to never mistaking who was speaking at the time. Her plot was also a breath of fresh air compared to the repeated storylines seen in YA dystopian novels lately. The authors writing was also very fluid and I never got bored while reading and when I didn't have the book in my hands I was thinking about it.
Janik
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janik.html

Post by Janik »

This book was so action packed and filled with so much tension between the characters. The political atmosphere was rather radical and attributed to much of the discontent within the story. All the elements within this series combined to make this a truly unforgettable series.
Aspen_Reads
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice+ The Notebook
Currently Reading: too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aspen-reads.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Aspen_Reads »

I LOVED this series! It was awesome! I am waiting to read the Young Elites, I hope it is as good as Legend, I am anxiously awaiting my library getting it in!
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." -Maud Casey
MKRUGEL77
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by MKRUGEL77 »

The Legend series is just Legend. It starts very strong with Legend goes n little flat with the second but finishes quite strong with the last book. This series is well thought out and sort of well executed.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”