Legend by Marie Lu

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Re: Legend by Marie Lu

Post by ashley_claire »

I just finished Legend, and while I liked it well enough, I don't really feel compelled to pick up the next one. I liked a couple of the twists that I didn't see coming, but I just didn't really connect with either of the main characters. I get that they are supposed to be uber smart, but the way that they would automatically jump to conclusions and find the right answer with extremely minimal evidence was hard for me swallow.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

I have to start reading this after I am finished with the Selection Series.
charmaineperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmaineperit.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by charmaineperit »

I love dystopian books and the Legend is the kind of book to finish in one sitting. I like how it is written with changing perspective from the two main characters.
Lexyyyaaa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lexyyyaaa »

:techie-reference: Honestly I didn’t think I would like this book. The plot was described to me as a warped version of divergent. However I was happily surprised to find that this book was incredibly engaging. I couldn’t put it down. I mean for gods sake the books are printed in different colors other than black. What doesn’t catch your eye about that. The read was so smooth and nothing like I expected. The characters were easy to picture and “hear” and even relate to. You couldn’t help but root for Day... over all it was a very good book/series.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

NicoleMiller690 wrote: 15 Feb 2014, 17:12 I love that series. It reminded me of the Hunger Games and the Divergent trilogies.
I preferred the Divergent trilogy to the Hunger Games, although I'm not particularly a huge fan of either. I've been wondering about Marie Lu for years, and this insight helps me out quite a bit about where I should place this book on my TBR list. I'll probably look at her other stuff first. :)
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
charmperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmperit.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by charmperit »

Dystopian books in general are interesting and this book Legend doesn not fail my expectations. In here, the main characters are different from the others that I've read because of how young they are. But this does not affect the marurity of the roles of the characters and the story itself. I've only read the first and second book, but I can't wait to read the third one.
M Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by M Zee »

All Lu’s books are great. I enjoyed both the Legend trilogy and also The Young Elites series (which is pretty much the X-Men in the Renassiance era and it’s fantastic!)

I am not caught up on her newest series yet but I have heard good things!
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.
The Porcelain King

Post by The Porcelain King »

I found the first book of the series to get my attention right away. The differences between the two protagonists and how in the end the differences don’t matter at all. Unlike a lot of the other replies I’ve seen, I enjoyed the whole series from start to finish. I enjoyed “watching” each character grow into what they become, and the ending plays with ur emotions in just the right way. :tiphat:
Lovewolfie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: chromebook

Post by Lovewolfie »

I have read the first two but not the last one. Also there's a fourth book to the series. It's called Rebel. But yes I believe the series is amazing. Definitely one of my favorites. :D
Kokiey

Post by Kokiey »

I love Day and June .they are so unique from other characters ive connected with in the past.this is by far the best book I've read EVER

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”