Review by aby johnson -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of V...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Review by aby johnson -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of V...

Post by aby johnson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray along with Rowan and Demetrius have come to Virko for help from the founder of Virko, Lord Venden. Galen gets the help he wants, and in return, Lord Venden asks a favor. His only son has turned evil, who is planning something sinister for the city. Stop him at all cost. Will Galen be able to fulfill the wish of the dying Lord? And in other parts of the nation, people of power are planning and devising for their personal benefits. In the district of Yamon Soul, the Eiodi is met with a new crisis that might affect all of the nation, if not resolved soon. How will all of this converge in the end?

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz is the second installment in the ‘we are voulhire’ fantasy series. Without reading the first book, it will be hard to understand the series. The story starts with new characters, and eventually, we understand their involvement in the series. The titular characters from the first book gets more detailed chapters in this book.

What I liked most about this book is the descriptive plot itself. In the first book, the plot is weak because the author takes time to introduce different characters and their background. But in this one, the author is taking us through new paths and introduces us to new characters too. I like how the author has maintained a suspenseful theme over the entire book.

The only thing I did not like about the book is how fast the book ends. The story moves fast and so much is happening with each of the characters. And another thing I would like to point out is that in a way it feels like the book doesn’t have a climax. The author always ends the book in suspense, with more questions. So each book doesn’t feel like a completed one but as if the series is one whole book.

To conclude, I rate We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko 4 out of 4. Because the book is flawlessly brilliant. I did not find any typographical or grammatical errors in the book. I would recommend this book to all fantasy lovers and anyone who liked the first book in the series. I would not recommend this book to children because the book contains profanity and sexual content. There is mild homosexual content as well, so please note that if it bothers you.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: art of war
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishnajee100.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Krishnajee100 »

I'm a reader of fiction genre and will read this book in near future. The review is great, making the readers want to read the book. Since it's a part of series, the reader must be ready to give it the required time.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

Krishnajee100 wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 07:27 I'm a reader of fiction genre and will read this book in near future. The review is great, making the readers want to read the book. Since it's a part of series, the reader must be ready to give it the required time.
Thank you so much for kind words. Do read the series. You'll like it. The book get's more developed through out the series.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”