Review by Evelyn+Omo -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Evelyn+Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evelyn-omo.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Evelyn+Omo -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by Evelyn+Omo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first in the We are Voulhire Series. This science fiction novel introduces us to the characters with their back-story. The first character Galen Bray had lived half of his life in a war-torn island known as the 'Land of the Princes'. He traveled to Voulhire to take over the business of his uncle. On getting there, he met Rowan, his uncle executor, who told him some things about his uncle. The novel also introduced us to King Wilhelm (the king of Voulhire), who imprisoned a mage Meldorath and told the people that he was dead. Galen settled in Magnum Caelum and made new friends, and even hired a monk named Demetrius, to read a rock he found in a mine.

Galen Bray had always believed life is full of struggles, and that was the reality he held unto, but what happens when he discovers there is more to life than what he believed? With a new kind of life unfolding, how will Galen Bray adjust to it?

Reading this first novel in We are series, will help readers who will pick the other books in the series to have a better understanding of them. The book was exceptionally written and edited. The narrative style was also superb. It was a concise and straightforward story that can be understood easily by readers. The characters were well developed and defined. I honestly commend Tysz for putting this story together because the story was flawless. The novel was written from the first-person and a third-person point of view. The storyline was well arranged, there was nothing confusing in it at all, but rather it was engaging and thrilling.

There was nothing I disliked in the novel. I particularly love the flow of the story and the descriptive style employed by the author. There were no erotic scenes, only a few profane words which did not interfere with my reading. I would, therefore, recommend this book to readers who love adventure, magic, political schemes, and science fiction.

I will happily rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for its uniqueness and well-structured plots. At 167 pages, it was such an intriguing read filled with suspense, mysteries, political schemes, magic, and adventures. I would love to read the other novels in this series to enjoy more of Matthew Tysz's creative writing.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”