Review by AtienoMagero -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Review by AtienoMagero -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

Post by Atieno Magero »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is a medieval science fiction novel by Matthew Tsyz. The story follows the perspectives of various characters in Voulhire. We are first introduced to one of the main characters in this book, Galen Bray. Galen is informed that he is to receive an inheritance from his long lost uncle. He sets out to the city of Magnum Caelum in Voulhire to claim his inheritance and to start a new life. However, dark forces are lurking in Voulhire. Galen soon discovers that as alluring and prosperous as Voulhire seems, astounding secrets are being hidden there.

Reading We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies was very lovely. I love the fact that, although the story is set in a medieval time, the story has sci-fi elements to it. The story itself is narrated from various characters perspectives. I feel like that adds a certain depth to the story because it allows readers to get a broader sense of what is going in the story.

I also really like the start of the story. It grabbed my interest and captivated me. Because it showed the reality of the Lands of the Princes and what Gavin’s life was like before he moved to Voulhire. It also made me more invested in Gavin’s character. I wanted to see him live a better life in Voulhire than the one he lived in the Lands of the Princes.

Another element that I loved about the story is how well structured the story is. The author does a marvelous job of building suspense throughout the story. It made reading all the twists and turns of the story all the more exciting. Matthew Tsyz also does a superb job of describing Voulhire. The descriptions were so vivid that I could picture Voulhire, and at times I felt like l was there with the characters as well.

Generally, I loved the whole experience of reading A New Arrival under Great Skies. The story is fascinating and exceptionally written. I have nothing negative to critique about this book. Even though the book is reasonably short, the content did not feel rushed. I like the pace the author employed. I also have to commend the author for the editing as well. I never came across errors while reading. I will therefore be giving We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies a 4 out of 4 stars rating.

I think it is brilliant that there are more books in the We Are Voulhire series. I am very interested in seeing how the story will unfold in the next books. This book would be perfect for people who like reading more medieval kind of science fiction books. I would not recommend this book to people who do not like the sci-fi genre in general.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ayora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayora.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ayora »

I agree with the fact that the story is well structured. I enjoyed the book as well. Thanks for your review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Galen certainly never saw such a future ahead for himself. Princely lands and Voulhirian dangers kept these pages quite suspenseful indeed! Thank you for your review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a fascinating start to a good series. The author has a fantastic imagination. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I hope you will enjoy the rest of the series as much as I do! Great review, by the way.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your interesting review. It's true that this is a well-crafted book, as the author is quite talented in creating the plot and the characters.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I already read the second book of this series as well. You just started quite a journey in Voulhire! :wink2: Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ayindelaw »

In case you didn't know, Matthew Tysz is quite the star around these parts--with good reason, I have to say. Enjoy the next book, Atieno.
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I also enjoyed reading this book that I also rated it 4 out of 4 stars. I am glad that you also enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful review.
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Having read this title, I agree with your rating and overall analysis. Good job and thanks for the detailed review.
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The author did a good job of setting up the setting and the characters for this series. The information given was enough to intrigue the reader and build the suspense for the next books. The rest of the series looks promising! Thanks for your fascinating review!
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

This was an interesting book. I loved reading it
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Holy Grail
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-holy-grail.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by The Holy Grail »

It isn't a surprise your experience with this book was a wonderful one. The author's dexterity is something I must commend while I was reading the book myself. Nice review Atieno!
Ace John
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ace-john.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ace John »

I might consider this for my next read. It sounds so suspenseful and amazing. Thanks for the review.
Jesus is Lord.
(Romans 10:9)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”