Review by tawongaL -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tawongaL
2021 Reading Goal: 96
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tawongal.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 2484

Review by tawongaL -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by tawongaL »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book in the series ‘We are Voulhire.’ In this book, Matthew Tysz creates a world different from ours. In this world, magic exists, but it isn’t the spark of the world created, the people with their various characters are!

In the kingdom of Voulhire, we have one king ruling the whole land, but several lords ruling different towns and, in some towns, mayors. The way I am writing about Voulhire, it may sound like an ordinary kingdom but it is not. In this book, we see one of the newly appointed Lords trying to discover what exactly had happened in his town; Hillport, before he was appointed to lord over it. We are also made to follow the life of a young man who is discovering a new life and what it means to have companions.

What I loved most about the book was the fact that the story was being told from different angles. It brought to life exactly how the kingdom functioned. This made you experience the life through the king’s eyes, the outcast rebellion and, all the way to a lowly refugee discovering his new life in the kingdom. This way the story became true to me and did not feel like a figment of the author’s imagination.

I was so at home as I read this book, I slowed down my usually fast reading style. I wanted to really experience all the sides of the story and truly understand! The grammar was immaculately great. The way the author used the power of punctuation to make conversation lively, was genius! This resulted in the characters being exceptionally well portrayed.

I give a hand to the editors of this book. I found no flaw. I have become accustomed to books being flawed that when I see one that has no mistakes in the grammar such as this book, I become sceptical. Hence, I reread the book again. Even after my second reading, I discovered and accepted the fact that the book was professionally edited and, the editors did an amazing job.

I did not dislike anything about this book. I loved every aspect of it. I have come to believe that Matthew Tysz is an astounding writer. Due the wonderful editing and beautiful story, making the book flawless, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. To all fantasy novel lovers of all ages, this is the book you need to read.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Noelle770
2021 Reading Goal: 40
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

The different angles makes the story seem well developed and a great read
tawongaL
2021 Reading Goal: 96
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tawongal.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by tawongaL »

Noelle770 wrote: 26 Dec 2020, 14:28 The different angles makes the story seem well developed and a great read
The brilliance is this style of story writing makes the story is more beautiful. You don't just one point of view, but many giving you a clearer picture

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”