Review by Seroney_ -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seroney_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seroney.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Seroney_ -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Seroney_ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

‘Awareness creates time.’ This is the resonating mantra in the entirety of this book. But how best can we describe time? Timewise by Robert Leet takes the reader on a rollercoaster ride while trying to elucidate and fathom the relationship between awareness and time.

Ron Larsen is the primary character in this read. Being an orphan, he dedicated his time to playing poker. During one of the board games encounters, Larsen meets Regina, a young beautiful breathtaking lady. Suddenly, Larsen finds his purpose in life. For every ‘A’ at school, Regina would give a stipend to her new friend, Larsen. To the latter’s surprise, Regina seems obsessed with Physics. She tries to conceptualize science theories that are beyond the protagonist’s understanding.

Larsen, on the other hand, develops a keen interest in Mathematics. He invents a fractal method, which upon pitching the idea to his lecturer, the latter deems the concept not viable. However, with Sheila, a postgraduate student, onboard, his efforts bear immense yields. The two end up forming an impeccable team that could surmount any problem. But what other forces and people are responsible for Larsen’s breakthrough?

Timewise was crafted from the first-person point of view. It deploys a meek of vivid descriptions. One of the standout scenes was Larsen’s encounter with Cheryl, a lady they rented an apartment together. Their forest escapades and hikes were stupendously portrayed.

Character development is impeccable. I admired Regina’s discipline, intelligence, and stoic personality. Everything she touched blossomed. Regina also found means to dissuade the FBI from probing into her illegal activities.

I loved most how Leet tactfully alternated between fast pace and slow pace. As the book buds, he resorted to a slow pace, which laid a concrete foundation for the upcoming events. Again, every character played a critical role in the development of the plot. I was so excited when Regina’s path crossed with Larsen’s after a couple of years. However, I felt that the author could have done better with Sheila’s divorce. Having established a robust bond, I expected Larsen to find ways to work out things in their marriage.

The title of the book is relevant as it revolves around time. Moreover, its suspenseful nature is worth mentioning. I couldn’t put it down as the author kept me guessing. Through incorporating humor, Timewise dissolves boredom that would be yielded by the scientific terms and theories present in it.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to science lovers. Despite being a science-fiction read, readers can obtain facts about arguments such as Newton’s theory of gravity. The book seems exceptionally edited since I noticed a few grammatical errors that did not affect my reading experience. I did not find any significant factor to dislike in this book. Based on my likes, I rate it four out of four stars. It contains profanity and light erotic content making it unfit for children.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dee_Robert
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

Sounds like a nice book. Larsen and Regina's personality stand out for me. Great Review.
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
Seroney_
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Seroney_ »

Dee_Robert wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 04:00 Sounds like a nice book. Larsen and Regina's personality stand out for me. Great Review.
You should check it out. It's quite lovely. Thanks you for passing by
Seroney_
Currently Reading:

Post by Seroney_ »

Dee_Robert wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 04:00 Sounds like a nice book. Larsen and Regina's personality stand out for me. Great Review.
You should check it out. It's quite lovely. Thank you for passing by
Mtibza eM
2021 Reading Goal: 66
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Diamond and Pearls
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Mtibza eM »

Wow! Thank you for such a beautiful review. I have been postponing reading this book but I think I am now ready.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”