Review by EssyW -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EssyW
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essyw.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Review by EssyW -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by EssyW »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise by Robert Leet has its focus centered on Ron Larsen, a teenager with no goals in life rather than making little pocket money earned from winning chess games/tournaments against his opponents. Besides, he’s an orphan and has no one to look after him. Nonetheless, there’s always a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, and for Ron’s case, his hope happens to be Regina Russo, a physics professor. Ron and Russo cross paths during a weekly chess tournament, where the former is bemused by the latter’s beauty; therefore, he invites her to play against him. Regina mentions that she’s a physics professor and invites Ron to study the subject as her protégé. And alas! A relationship between a seemingly lost kid and a mysterious physicist begins. But that’s not just it; Regina is working on a project that could not only be immensely helpful in the quantum physics field but also in life at large.

We have a thought-provoking piece that disseminates in its pages, extensive work of quantum physics, mathematics, and instances of games – poker and chess. If thoroughly followed by a reader, I don’t think there’s going to be a more captivating science fiction publication than this one. Furthermore, the suspenseful end makes me wonder if there’s going to be a sequel. Some explicit scientific explanations included would be most appropriate for physics students and readers who fancy quantum mechanics theories.

This work has been exceptionally well edited as I did not detect a single grammatical error. Moreover, there are neither notable profanities nor extreme erotic scenes. I’m a physics and science fiction lover; however, I have to admit that the slang employed was over my head. As a result, this book is not for the faint-hearted. Nonetheless, I enjoyed Leet’s extra effort of going beyond the normalcy of most authors by including schematics during his elucidations of quantum physics theories.

On the contrary, I did not enjoy the void left by the absence of adequate information on Regina’s past. I mean, she appeared out of nowhere and became part of Ron’s life. Even though her motives towards him were magnificent (which we come to grasp as the novel advances), I kept yearning to learn about Russo’s origin and family.

I was astonished by the author’s ingenuity of piecing together diverse scientific theories, closely with their illustrations, to produce this incredible work. This, however, could not have been successful without the help of additional characters such as Louise, Sheila, and Cheryl. As a result, I feel compelled to applaud Robert for his commendable work of advocating for teamwork and togetherness. Alongside other themes diffused in the pages, this installment is a remarkable life skills guide for older school children and teens. The above-mentioned points impel me to rate this riveting volume 4 out of 4 stars. Along with the aforementioned audiences, readers who fancy playing games such as poker and/or chess would be an excellent fit for this volume.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”