Review by JonesLeeh -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: The Three-Headed Dagger and The King's Son by Henry Regnault

Review by JonesLeeh -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise by Robert Leet is an enthralling novel that transports a reader to a world of mystery, suspense, and thrills. This publication contains so much deep science that it demands a reader’s unique ability to concentrate and fathom the tale’s plot as it progresses. Be ready to be transported to a world of quantum physics, mathematics, mechanics, and explicit science experiments. Even so, this page-turner keeps you at the edge of your seat from the beginning till the end.

Ron Larsen is nothing short of a dull teenage boy with no ambitions and a seemingly boring future. He encounters Regina Russo, an enigmatic physics professor, during weekly chess contests. They exchange pleasantries; then, Ron invites Russo to engage in a few friendly games against each other. Nonetheless, Russo has ulterior motives for propelling Ron’s life towards a promising future. This journey, however, will not be an easy one. Russo has undeniably aberrant notions and practical experiments of creating a time machine that may transform the world. However, it may prove catastrophic if fallen into the wrong hands.

Aside from a breathtaking end, I appreciated the way games of chances such as poker and chess were included in the plot. Such games demand a player to utilize critical thinking skills while playing against an opponent. As a result, this volume is a practical guide and an exemplary read for teens. Moreover, I was captivated by Ron’s style of narration; imagery. His elucidations of Regina’s beauty from the first page were worth noting, as I could create an image from it.

I have to admit that the book’s title, Timewise, was a bit contradictory at first; I thought the volume was about time travel. However, after reading the entire copy, I was bewildered by Regina’s finesse and determination to prove her complex time theory. As such, my doubts about the relationship between the book’s title and its content were wiped out.

I did not detect anything to despise. Furthermore, I did not detect any grammatical errors; therefore, it is to my best understanding that this installment is professionally edited. Leet’s panache and ingenuity were beyond my expectations. Even though he employed immense science parlance, he skillfully expounded on the physics quantum theories discussed by Regina; therefore, it is an ideal read even for a layman. Consequently, I award this work 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to physics scholars, science fiction lovers, and audiences who enjoy devouring books with physics-oriented plots.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ndiviwe
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ndiviwe »

The fictional time travel aspect of the novel sounds fantastic and would have me hooked to the book. The phyics jargon might be a hard no no for me but it might be a suspenseful page-turner for someone who has a deeper understanding for physics topics.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”