Review by dtbrannon -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dtbrannon
Currently Reading: Making Sense of Life Explaining Genes & Telepathy
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtbrannon.html
Latest Review: Riven Calyx by Mark Leon Collins

Review by dtbrannon -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by dtbrannon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Timewise by Robert Leet, we are introduced to Ron Larsen, the main character of the book, as he is playing chess in a park with other individuals. Ron is described as being a bit of a hustler, even at a young age. Ron is considered odd by other students at school; he has been in and out of many foster homes and doesn’t get much attention, even at home. During a chess game, Ron meets a beautiful older woman, Regina, who inspires confidence in him.

After graduating high school, Regina visits Ron and makes him an offer that he can't refuse; she offers to pay his way through college. Ron, who has been struggling to make ends meet since high school, readily accepts. Ron starts to gain an appreciation for mathematics and physics.

Ron relocates to Seattle, after graduating college. There he begins a study related to how time influences the stock market. Ron makes the statement "There was an excitement in foretelling the future that was different from simply understanding a phenomenon."

The story starts getting interesting when Regina asks Ron to return to Foxfield for a visit. It is then that she confides in the true nature of her experiments having to do with physics and time.

The story is told in the first-person point of view, from Ron Larsen, the main character in the book.

I would recommend this book to any reader looking for something a little out of the ordinary. I can't characterize this book as totally scientific or physics-related, but something in between. Add to that description a little romance, some academics, business, travel, and throw in a bit of action, secrecy, and espionage, and prospective readers will gain a better idea of the theme of this story.

This book would mainly appeal to readers interested in science, mathematics, business, and maybe even a good mystery. There is a small amount of eroticism, but nothing too graphic. However, there is a fair amount of profanity, so it may not be appropriate for younger readers.

What I liked most about this book was one particular character who Ron met living on campus. This person was very resourceful and introduced Ron to a world that he never knew about. If I disliked anything at all, it probably would have to have been the detailed scientific discussions between Ron and Regina. I found these discussions both boring and time-consuming, however, they were important to providing background for the story, so they will probably be of interest to many readers.

This book was professionally edited and I only noticed two minor errors in grammar. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars based on the creativity of the author, the believability of the story, and the genuineness of the wide range of characters.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”