Review by bakul -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bakul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bakul.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by bakul -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

Post by bakul »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies tells the story between the connection of the physical world with the magical world, which I believe each Sci/Fi lover would love to dive in, as I did. Matthew Tysz has created a wonderful world of Voulhire. This series would have a total of nine books. Here every individual is allowed to build a content world for themselves.

The first chapters itself starts with suspense and gives the reader a brief overview of the world of Voulhire and the magic it possesses.The author narrates the story with different perspectives of the characters. Such narrations help me to understand them better, which I always love to read in any book: like their thought process and their feelings. I really love the author’s way of portraying each character with unique characteristics.

Hillport has a new lord- Eldus Alderman, who came with his family to this city. His motto is to bring more opportunities to help the people of Hillport who have faced issues under his predecessors. But he is ignorant of the plans which are being provisioned by these former rulers which ultimately brings attack on Eldus and his people. We also have Galen Bray who is a simple man, travelling to Magnum Caelum, a city in Voulhire from the war-infested Lands of the Princes. He is a humbled man and feels gratitude that he gets the chance to live a new and different life by inheriting the business of his long lost Uncle’s business. Galen looks at each little thing with thankfulness as it is a far different life which he has experienced, and it makes you feel that a person needs very little to be happy in life.

If you want to know more details about the history and traditions of Voulhire, please go through the glossary in the book. I always find it beneficial before entering into the new world, and it certainly helped me to understand the terms better.

The most liked aspect is how each person is narrated with both of its good and bad merits. Mathew has beautifully mentioned each character in the true sense that you will feel them as real. I would love to see how the story progress in the second book of this series. This book can bind you in its world because of the interesting writing of the author.

While concluding, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as I did not find any errors while reading. I would suggest this book to fantasy and science fiction lovers, hoping they will also love the book as much as I did. I do not find any erotic content in it, but rare profanities appear in this text which may disturb some readers.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”