Review by slowpoke123 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
slowpoke123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slowpoke123.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Review by slowpoke123 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by slowpoke123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book from the We are Voulhire series that introduces a whole new fantasy world as the story brings us to the Land of Princes.

The Kingdom of Princes had become unstable with all the fight for inheritance among the sons of the King which resulted in the people living there to seek refuge at Voulhire, a country known for its prosperous economy. Among these people is a young man named Galen Bray who escapes the Land of Princes in hopes of starting a new life in the said country. Galen arrived at Magnum Caelum, a small town in Voulhire, where his uncle mentioned to have an estate there that he can live and met a guy named Rowan who became his first-ever friend to have in the foreign land he is in. What will fate bring to young Galen to his newly found home? What kind of influence will Rowan be on Galen’s life?

The author did a great job of introducing all the characters carefully as the plot progresses. There seems to be a lot of things going on with each chapter in different settings which makes it confusing at first. The suspense was very evident and kept me from putting down the book. I expect some backstory of the characters by the next book as every persona seems to have a past that is yet to be revealed. One thing I only disliked in this book is the lack of female character to be present. Galen, the heroine, has so much potential in his character which I am looking forward to reading in the next sequel of this book. Also, I really liked Tysz’s writing style, and the words he used to describe the story in great detail that gave me a vivid picture of it in my mind.

The book is pretty small with only 140 pages but is well-written and professionally edited. There were no grammatical mistakes. I find the setting of the story is really amazing with a geographic map shown at the beginning. I am rating this book with 4 out of 4 stars for its originality of the plot. This book is not like any other fantasy adventure I have read before which makes it even more exciting as it is hard to predict what will happen next. I find nothing in this book that can give it 3 stars or less.

I really enjoy reading this book for its theme and storyline. The humor and philosophical beliefs make it more interesting and appealing to me. The narration would switch between first person and third person but the story is still easy to follow. The language used was also easy but had few minor profane words. Thus, I would only recommend this to the readers whose age is 18 and above. It was a pleasure reading this book and will definitely jump on the next sequel right away.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”