Official Review: The Seven Stones by A. Mussbacher

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Official Review: The Seven Stones by A. Mussbacher

Post by Unique Ego »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Seven Stones" by A. Mussbacher.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When the Lamoran peace envoy is attacked in Uvar, an already volatile situation threatens to boil over. The two nations had been at war for years, and it was generally hoped that the peace talks led by General Leona Almadzi would help put an end to the conflict. The attack, the disappearance of the General, and the subsequent murder of the Emperor set in motion a series of events that will threaten the very existence of their world as they know it. Unusual alliances will be formed, lifelong friendships will be shaken, and deep secrets will be revealed as the General embarks on the quest to clear her name and prevent those who would stop at nothing to unleash their evil designs on the world.

What secret does the General guard so dearly? Why does the Master of the Thieves Guild seek the Seven Stones? Who murdered the Emperor? Will the General and her friends be able to prevent the impending doom? Ashley Mussbacher weaves a tale of love and devotion, betrayal and conspiracy, trust and friendship, and the self-preserving nature of humanity's survival instinct. This book was an adventure that I hoped would never end.

The Seven Stones had it all: drama, suspense, intrigue, and adventure. I could follow the characters as they developed. Their battles and the secrets they carried made this an awesome read. The author found a way to finely blend magic and technology such that it wasn't easy to tell one from the other. Even though this is a work of fiction, the writer's words made it easy to picture the locations and scenarios in my mind. Thus, the visual imagery deployed in the story contributed to the aesthetic quality of the book.

For me, the best part of this book was how Mussbacher used flashbacks to give more depth to the characters. These made it easier to understand certain aspects of their behavior and what made them tick. Speaking of the characters, I had hoped that Colonel Jas would be more involved in the story. Considering the level of influence he wielded in Lamora and the fact that he was the General's second in command, it was a tad disappointing that his appearances were relatively limited. There was also Azani, whose story didn't play out quite as I'd hoped. In the case of Azani, it wasn't his circumstances that worried me but the fact that Leona wasn't as involved as I had hoped in his unraveling. This would have given the plot a sense of poetic justice, given the grief that Azani had caused her. Personally, it would also have given me a sense of satisfaction.

For such an enthralling story, I found this book's lack of professional editing to be the biggest letdown for me. I found many grammar and typographical problems. Overall, this book is a fine work of art. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars; the story was beautiful, but the lack of professional editing denied it a perfect rating. I recommend it to everyone who loves adventure and a great story. Such readers will find this book difficult to put down.

The Seven Stones
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Christ vs. Antichrist by George Ferrar
fav_author_id: 2484
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Saint Bruno »

I hope the author rectifies the editing mishaps in the book. Thanks for your honest review and recommendation.
Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Pickles and the Stolen World Cup by Posey Parker
2022 Reading Goal: 40
2022 Goal Completion: 82%

Post by Nqobile771 »

The book sounds like a fascinating read. I would love to read it once edited. Great review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
derialist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derialist.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by derialist »

I hope that the errors are corrected soon. I'm captivated by the story, and I really want to get my hands on it soon. This is a really nice review!
Zylone6722
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zylone6722 »

The story is good when fully edited I would but this book for my kids and nieces and nephews
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

This book was an adventure that I hoped would never end.
That's a sentence I love reading in reviews because that's exactly the feeling I want a book to transmit!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Use of Weapons
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
2022 Reading Goal: 57
2022 Goal Completion: 96%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a captivating novel that mixes magic and technology. I hope the author does another round of proofreading as that would make it excellent. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sou Hi »

This sounds so interesting with the fantasy and thriller elements along with a well-crafted plot. Too bad the editing doesn't look so great.
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

The seven stones must posses some arcane powers to be this wanted. This would be an interesting read. Thanks.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

Magic and technology seems like a wonderful mixture. This story will make a great read once edited fully. Great review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”